The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Analog - thumps up/thumbs down?

Hey guys..

Not to ssure about quality of snowboarding brands yet, what is Analog like? Looking at picking up a greedy jacket in yellow and black..

Anal. OG is dope. The greed jacket is really cool. get it

Hah one thing to consider is whether you want to be an stand out or not.

A mate has this jacket and during the day you will see multiple people wearing the exact same jacket which can make it tricky spotting him from the lift.

Yeah AG are sick but have definitely become a popular brand lately. Even worse is that they are owned by Burton.

thumbs up from me.
My analog pants are Sick!

unfortuantely i cant be too picky as i am only a small bloke and require a XS… which i have found is pretty tough to come by!

dude, don’t worry about it. Analog is sick. Being owned by Burton is not a bad thing

I’ve always been a fan of Analog outerwear. They make great stuff.

Yeah, I like Anal too.

Oops, wrong forum.

Ummmmmmm, carry on.  red face

teacherboy LOL

Reasonable quality stuff although the fits can be a bit weird as in made for the fat american market.  Alot of the pants waists are huge and legs short in comparison.  theres a few jackets that come in slimmer or tailored fits that are good if your tall and leaner.

Another thumbs up for Analog gear!!!!!

Bein owned by Burton, it also comes through the same quality control as all of their brands!!!!!

Analog also make Slim/Team/Baggy Fits, so dependin on the model or what one particular shop stocks, it doesn’t mean that all of their gear is for the “Fat American Market”!!!!! Haven’t seen many Fat American Boarders on the hill to be honest?????

Another point is they have a good burton warranty.

Yeah i mentioned there are some tailored fits. 

In my experience their normal baggy fit pants are huge in the waist, like an XL would fit 38 or maybe 40 inch waist but they legs arent that long so still no good if you are tall.  Then the large waist might fit 34-36 with a belt but the legs are shorter again unless you sag them heaps.  Jackets seem pretty normal although the arms tend to be short for the size. 

In comparison say Airblaster etc i find fits more true to size as in XL is wearable in the waist for 36’ and the legs get longer as well.

Good brand! and Mizu is correct its meant to be the Burton superior brand so it’s always that little more costly. I think there is more brands out there who make top quality snowboard gear.

I have had Special Blend jacket not too bad quality and I flogged it all season, it drank more beer than me. Burton jacket was ok but the fits are very odd I found for my shape of thin and tall. I currently have a Sessions jacket with Recco to help me if the snow decides to slip. Good fit all the small little things to make you admire and I find new things all the time on it.

bkrtron - 01 July 2012 02:21 PM

I currently have a Sessions jacket with Recco to help me if the snow decides to slip.

LOL

ah, ignorance is bliss!

btw, the only way the recco will help you is with dead body retrieval. Recco is not a beacon!