The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarding Photography Contest 2012 - Closes: Oct 14

Gamblor - 02 October 2012 07:06 AM

ugh guy in the sky shots

This.

Mainstream magazine and newspaper photo editors are notorious for running these, as are their designers for cropping out the important parts. Not good.

Chucky just showed he knows what he’s talking about wink

Haha, learn I shall.

Guy in the Sky can definitely work!!!!!

It’s all in the way it’s presented!!!!!

eg (Skip will approve of this one)

nope, sorry mizu.

that’s a nice grab, but there’s no context to the photo. Is he a foot off the ground or 10 meters?

Three words to remember - ‘point of reference’.

I examined my original and took it with guy in the sky framing haha. But thank you for clearing up that mistake… still picking up these fundamentals!

In the meantime -

Unknown
26/09/12
Perisher

Cody Dixon
26/09/12
Perisher

The bottom photo probably would have been better in colour. The black and white emphasizes the videographer in the side of the shot and not the snowboarder on the feature.

Top one is framed nicely smile

TJswish - 03 October 2012 01:51 AM

The bottom photo probably would have been better in colour. The black and white emphasizes the videographer in the side of the shot and not the snowboarder on the feature.

True! However Cody had this green shirt on and he was kind of lost in the perisher building. Will keep that in mind for future shots, thanks

Gamblor - 02 October 2012 02:15 PM

nope, sorry mizu.

that’s a nice grab, but there’s no context to the photo. Is he a foot off the ground or 10 meters?

All good mate!!!!!

I guess that’s why they say “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”?????

Prob why I don’t want Mrs Mizu to get her sight checked!!!!!

Mt Nelse - 31/9/12

you read the rules hey Paddy?

Gamblor - 02 October 2012 02:15 PM

nope, sorry mizu.

Never seen anyone do a grab like that with a foot of Air so I am going to say 10 metres. Have the agree with Mizu on this photo.

Gamblor - 19 September 2012 09:41 AM

ooooh a 2013 sherlock!

LOL  Burton should be giving you a commission on every Sherlock sold! (Well, at least when they’re bought as a powder board tongue wink )

Goodbye Thredbo!

Rider: Tommi Brauer
Date:21/09/12
Photog: Joosep Martinson (http://www.joosepmartinson.com)

Goodbye Jindabyne!

Rider: Reelika Vainola
Date:09/10/12
Photog: Joosep Martinson