The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

P2 SKATEBOARDS

P2 Skateboards decks are a new innovation that skate companies are happily jumping on board with. It’s designed to help the deck keep its shape and pop for longer. The insert used is also designed to help minimize breakage of decks, so if you are one who goes through decks like an 80’s pop star does hairspray they are worth the look. You will be paying more for these due to the technology and manufacturing, which will pay itself off in the long term with less breakages.

This is the website for some more info and testimony from some top props.

http://www.p2skateboards.com/

Sounds awesome smile

So….thread revival cause i didnt want to start a new one grin

looking at the prices today and looks comparable to regular boards now
is this hit or miss technology?

ps i dont skate at all
i just like to shop

raspberry

Honestly I think it is the placebo effect that makes you pop higher etc. it is true that they wast a bit longer but I snapped mine credit carding myself and it was not fun. The last layer doesn’t snap like regular wood it just like shatters and believe me it is not fun raspberry

thanks for your input TT

not as value adding so it seems
the shattering sounds disturbing….

ill class this as a miss technology then

Yeah I reckon it’s just a placebo effect and marketing strategy

i rate them! i was going through a stage of snapping a board nearly every week, then i switched to p2 and have only snapped 1 out of the 8 or so that i have had. the only problem with them is there isnt much wood on the top layer (especially around the nose and tail) so they tend to chip a bit easier then normal decks. but on the whole i much prefer p2 to a normal deck

so +1 for p2 - overall durability

out of interest
any difference in performance for you? or doesn’t matter, the extra durability is what you want/get out of the p2

the other thing which may be harder to benchmark…is does the p2 hold the pop over time
as mentioned in its spiel, keep the same pop for longer

i dont really notice any big difference in performance other than the overall the length i have each deck for. for that alone i wont go back to normal decks. i cant really comment on the longer lasting pop claim but all my boards seem to hold up alright…

I have just started skating mine and it has been alright, I’m not ones to snap decks so I don’t think that will be an issue for me. Decks just tend to go soggy on me more than anything else, so see how it holds up in that regards.
Have know of some people that have snapped P2’s quite easily but still like them. Other options in terms of decks that are designed to last longer, Fibrelam/Fibreprime by Watson laminates (Toy Machine and Foundation), SAF decks by Manton Skateboards. Mitch Faber who is a deck snapping monster hasn’t snapped one as of yet so good testimony to them there. Folklore have just dropped a new decks series with Carbon Fibre as well.
Darkstar have done some but they seem to snap easily from what I have been told, haven’t skated them so can’t speak from personal experience. Clich’e have done one.
Apparently the Almost Uber lite decks are great, but super expensive and I haven’t seen one yet.

C J Parker - 16 April 2013 07:57 PM

Folklore have just dropped a new decks series with Carbon Fibre as well.
Darkstar have done some but they seem to snap easily from what I have been told, haven’t skated them so can’t speak from personal experience.

A friend of mine bought one of the Darkstar “Unbreakable” boards with a carbon laminate about 2 years ago, because he’s a big guy and a good skater so he snaps decks easily.
He snapped the Darkstar deck… first day. They gave him a new one on warranty which is cool. However, day 2, 2nd board broken. Warranty again. Day 3, 3 decks broken. At which time the guy in the store said, you can’t have anymore darkstars, but have any normal deck you want.

This was a while ago though so I can’t speak for their new range of boards. I just thought it was funny LOL

Want to try a P2, but the biggest they make is an 8.8. Since I’m already on an 8.5, I want to try a 9”, but no one makes them in P2… yet oh oh  ....... Creature Skateboards…... I’m talking to you wink