The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The rack or the box

Mizu Kuma - 15 June 2012 10:13 AM

Fits 2 boards/ 2 helmets/ 2 pairs boots/ outerwear/ wax kit etc etc, unstrap from the roof and wheel straight to ya room/airport/train etc etc!!!!!

And like Tills said, still goes in the back of the car as well!!!!!

Haven’t tried the aerodynamic properties of my arse to date, but don’t really notice any difference when the board bag is strapped onto the Outback!!!!! I actually have the habit of openin the sunroof every half hour to make sure that it’s still strapped on!!!!!  red face

maybe i should chuck my boards in a bag and then chuck em in the roof pod - aerodynamic, protected and ready to transport!  shaka

How much gear can ya get into the pod?????

The only thing that had ever stopped me from gettin one, was the capacity!!!!! (We used to go down the snow with 5 adults in the Outback, all with own gear)

It’s a long skinny pod, Thule Ocean 600, so maybe that means 600 litres.  On most holidays we cram it full of dufflebags, pillows etc.

we used the box on our mazda 323 a few years ago, four boards, boots outerwear and extra luggage for 4 adults. was sweet and no tying it… just chuck it in, where is it going to go? now i have a van… a slightly larger box wink

A large box can definitely be more accommodating if you have large gear

Where as a large rack can be accommodated by anyone that so desires?????

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 15 June 2012 10:47 AM

Haha I just noticed how sexual the title of this thread was LOL

Typical boys…. Gosh!!!! wink
It didn’t even occur to me!!!

It only started goin that way after Mudhoney discussed Aerodynamics of his Wind Tunnel!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 16 June 2012 06:55 AM

I think if the rack is too large then it may create back problems

wait what are you implying

CRACKERS - 16 June 2012 12:37 PM
Mizu Kuma - 16 June 2012 06:55 AM

I think if the rack is too large then it may create back problems

That all depends on posture, and what position that you are in when securing your load!!!!!

man this discussion sure is turning technical

I drove past a wagon once in Jindy.. This guy had two ropes in the boot like clothes lines.. but really high to the roof of the car.. anyway he just popped it up there and his board stayed strapped to the inside of the roof in the car…

Its not a rack or box but its a cheap alternative smile

I do that when I go campin and take my 9’6” Noserider with me!!!!!

Fits nicely along the ceiling of the Vito!!!!!!

Buy a ute, problem solved.