The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Tattoo Thread

tattoo’s become an extension of your body so to speak, unless you really F@#K up with what you get i find it hard to belive you can regret getting a tattoo as you learn to live with them day in day out, if that makes sense

of course this is only my experience, noting i have a few tattoos i would not necessaraly get tattooed again, but i hardly regret getting them as the representation of what they are and mean is far more important

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 14 June 2012 12:05 AM
CRACKERS - 13 June 2012 11:21 AM

I don’t have any tatts and I never will. I think they can look cool and in particular I really like when girls have whole shoulder/sleeves done.
I never thought much about what ‘sort’ of people have tattoos because it seems like underneath a shirt anyone or everyone could have one?

crackers I agree. And I thought of this pic straight away when you said this

Totally agree, at Uni I had a professor that taught Art History, had some really wild stories of him getting into some pretty wild situations- Long story short, always wore long sleeve white shirts.  I had a chance to chat with him on a random occasion, turns out a stretch before he became a professor he was so over mundane jobs and life, he bought a Harley and travelled the US for 6 months.  In the process got Ink in different places, for different occasions, etc. Result, full chest/back/arms done in exquisite work. All on a blok you’d never expect to have work.

I’m the same, I’ve got a few but I don’t regularly share.  I do disagree with K2 here, but only cause
A. I feel a tattoo should be something you feel strongly about, something that defines you or something significant in your life i guess. Hard to put into words, my best mate’s first tat was a paramedic symbol (his job now before he becomes a doctor) with his children’s heart monitor rhythm’s underneath going around his arm.  Totally suits him.

B. If its something I feel strongly enough to have on me forever, its going to mean something to me, and I don’t want anybody else to have.  I’ve currenty got four (the first 3 became 1), and I’ve designed all from scratch. I then made sure the artists work was of quality and if possible similar to what I wanted, and had a chat with them to see if I liked their personality before I considered getting work done.  These are absolutey neccesary for Dragon, if I can’t check every box, I will wait until I can.  I sat on my first tat for about a year before I found the artist (El Guapo, Purple Lotus in Frisco Colorado)

Booya, booked in on the 26th to get more added to my arm.

nice one mate! what you gonna get done on it next?

all talk no pics.. lolz.. ill upload some of mine soon hehe

sorry for the pose pic.. lolz !!! c[=

first tatt.. tribal phoenix on my back wanted the wings to peak out at the top of singlet
second tatt.. got the crucifix.. coz im catholic
third tatt.. writing on my forearm ” gods in his heaven all is right in the world “.. saying is from anime evangelion

4th tatt.. ambigram of the word ’ trust ‘.. high school group mates got em done

5th tatt.. jap 3/4 sleeve unfinished.. like the japanese art.. has hanya mask and a tiger as im year of tiger.. tbc

snowdragon - 14 June 2012 09:32 AM
K2_SnatchCrewSader - 14 June 2012 12:05 AM
CRACKERS - 13 June 2012 11:21 AM

I don’t have any tatts and I never will. I think they can look cool and in particular I really like when girls have whole shoulder/sleeves done.
I never thought much about what ‘sort’ of people have tattoos because it seems like underneath a shirt anyone or everyone could have one?

crackers I agree. And I thought of this pic straight away when you said this

Totally agree, at Uni I had a professor that taught Art History, had some really wild stories of him getting into some pretty wild situations- Long story short, always wore long sleeve white shirts.  I had a chance to chat with him on a random occasion, turns out a stretch before he became a professor he was so over mundane jobs and life, he bought a Harley and travelled the US for 6 months.  In the process got Ink in different places, for different occasions, etc. Result, full chest/back/arms done in exquisite work. All on a blok you’d never expect to have work.

I’m the same, I’ve got a few but I don’t regularly share.  I do disagree with K2 here, but only cause
A. I feel a tattoo should be something you feel strongly about, something that defines you or something significant in your life i guess. Hard to put into words, my best mate’s first tat was a paramedic symbol (his job now before he becomes a doctor) with his children’s heart monitor rhythm’s underneath going around his arm.  Totally suits him.

B. If its something I feel strongly enough to have on me forever, its going to mean something to me, and I don’t want anybody else to have.  I’ve currenty got four (the first 3 became 1), and I’ve designed all from scratch. I then made sure the artists work was of quality and if possible similar to what I wanted, and had a chat with them to see if I liked their personality before I considered getting work done.  These are absolutey neccesary for Dragon, if I can’t check every box, I will wait until I can.  I sat on my first tat for about a year before I found the artist (El Guapo, Purple Lotus in Frisco Colorado)

Strange that he felt the need to cover it up. Half of the Professors I had were eccentric nutters with beards down to their bellies, crazy hair and weird clothes.

blizzard_22 - 14 June 2012 01:43 AM

Kat Von D’s work is amazing. I only have my southern cross tatt, as much as people seem to judge people based on it.

Unfortunately for you the way people have used that symbol now means it has negative thoughts automatically associated with it when people see it. Its kind of sad really, as its quite a good symbol I think.

The Swastika is actually a good symbol as well and was hijacked as a symbol by the Nazis….kind of weird that a white racist group picked a symbol that comes from Asian actually. It is still pretty widely used in Indian.

Are you comparing the southern cross to the swastika? Or blizz to the nazi? LOL

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 14 June 2012 10:09 PM

Heil Blizz!?

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 14 June 2012 12:19 PM

nice one mate! what you gonna get done on it next?

No idea mate, will run through it with her on the day and see what direction she wants to take.

I think he was going more for

Blizz is as similar to the Cronulla beach riots as Hitler was to Buddhism

i.e. this is the buddhist symbol

Since this is the tattoo thread, i shall put mine in here;

Cant wait to go back in and add to it!

TJswish - 15 June 2012 12:34 AM

I think he was going more for

Blizz is as similar to the Cronulla beach riots as Hitler was to Buddhism

i.e. this is the buddhist symbol

The NAZI Swastika sits at a 45? angle!!!!!

I would like a “to-be-good” tatt but would get sick of defending it’s origins.

Would also like a lizard from my big toe up my ankle and an octopus on my left hand/wrist with its tentacles becoming my fingers - but have no plans for the octopus to be done until I’m financially well off and don’t have to worry about corporate impressions.

I’ve seen a few; tiny “martini glass” tatts on waitstaff/bar-persons between thumb and forefinger I would get done to represent the many years I’ve worked in the service industry.