The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Chicks with Stix

Chicks with Stix is a grass-roots organisation that was founded in 2010 in Australia and our aim is to provide much needed encouragement and opportunities for girls who ski and snowboard to help them improve their skills in bumps, freeride, slopestyle and big mountain. 

Chicks with Stix run FREE ski and board sessions throughout the Australian Alps with Australia’s most experienced female freestyle coaches. !

Girls in the CwS program have an opportunity to watch, learn and improve their skills, in a safe and non-threatening environment.

We provide an outlet for self-expression, social connection, self esteem and fitness. And we have some serious fun at the same time!

Over the coming years our plan is for CwS to be a feeder into the Olympic and FIS World Cup pathway and to help channel girls into that, if that’s where they want to go. Either way, we are looking forward to seeing you at the next CwS freeride session at a mountain near you!

This year they have a snowboard instructor on the team Hannah Studd

Link to this years dates.

http://www.chickswithstix.com.au/p/events-2011.html

Thanks for posting oz shaka

Ill be there on the 19th. might look into the boarding. stuff. Woohoo.

That’s if Im not too hung over either wink

Pretty sure Hannah has been on the CWS team since last season.

wink

Im gonna aim for the Perisher session, right before my birthday grin

I’m at Hotham til the 13th. Should stay longer shaka

ooo thanks for posting Oz, this sounds like a great initiative, might have to give it a go this season smile

Billy - 03 June 2012 05:49 AM

I’m at Hotham til the 13th. Should stay longer shaka

What you should do is drive home for the night then on the Saturday morning drive back up the hill and pick me up from the airport on the way through.

shaka

Hahaha - or you leave your car @ airport and drive up! wink
Where ya flying in from mate?

No chance I’m leaving my car at the airport for 3 and a half weeks.

San Fran > Toronto > Montreal > Vancouver.

wink

Oooh, that’ll be cheap parking for ya!! gulp
Lucky thing, sounds wicked!

Wrong time of year to be going to Canada Tobi!  tongue rolleye

ozgirl - 04 June 2012 10:43 AM

Wrong time of year to be going to Canada Tobi!  tongue rolleye

Not at all.

Study tour for uni, 2 weeks in Toronto = 2 subjects & 6 months off my degree.

When you are a part time student and your degree is going to take 6 years, 6 months off is a big thing.

Cool! But you couldn’t do the same thing in winter?

hey are any of you ladies going to the Hotham session?! I’m deciding if I should go.