The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

GNU B PRO

Have any of you lovely ladies (or guys) riden this board. Thoughts on how it rides all mountain (not so interested in the park side of things). Thinking of demoing one when I head down in August. Love this years graphics.

Billy, is that what you have?

Might B wrong, but I think cords and Blizz have GNU’s too?????

Nah I have a Nitro Runaway (Gullwing camber)....but my bindings are rear-entry Gnu. So you sorta remembered right! Not bad for an old codger *thumbs up*!!! wink

I have a Gnu Bnice and LOVE IT!!! Such a nice board, love the banana rocker, such an easy board to ride. It is good all over the mountain, and on the little pissy boxes I have tried so far!

I seriously thought this thread was spam from the header!

I was thinking - Blizz why did you comment!!!

red face

why would it be spam?

my snowboarding ignorance red face

oh. haha. You haven’t come across the brand Gnu, as yet?

Yeah i had it was just reading the heading as it was - i don’t know….

And Oz this is what it looks like

Love the graphics!!!

Just read about it on the Cherri Pow website. Sounds like a good board.

As I said I like the B Nice, but have never ridden the B Pro.

If it comes down to wanting to buy a board eventually, it depends on your budget: there is a $250 difference between the B Pro ($800) and the B Nice ($550); and what you want from the board: B Pro - Freestyle/All Mountain, B Nice Park/Freestyle/All Mountain.

Both boards have the magnetraction edges which I find really make a difference.

Definitely demo it and please let us know what you think of it!

Purdy

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 24 May 2012 06:42 AM

Billy, is that what you have?

Yup, I’ve got this board. It’s a good board, doesn’t rattle (very stable) at high speed, fun carving, great edge hold and stable on jumps…  9/10.

Fantastic!

Thanks for that Billy. Chatter at speed is my biggest pet hate. Many moons ago I had a palmer powercircle which was great to carve..esp on hardpack. My current board (Rome Blue) I adore the way it rides. Charges along quite aggressively for a girls board and great speed/edge control. If I can find the latest one when down there (now has a hybrid rocker so ill be interested to see how it handles vs the traditional camber one) ill demo it too, however Im told they are not making it for 2013 so ill see if there’s a 12 model lurking. :-(
Ill definitely give the gnu a demo and Blizz Ill be sure to report back for you. I’ve riden the B nice a few years back in NZ and its a lovely board to cruise on (Id just prefer something a touch more aggressive). Whilst both have a similar mid range flex, ill be interested to see how much of the C2 makes between the two boards.