The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your latest purchase?

nthnbeachesguy - 28 May 2012 10:37 PM

Yup sounds good and I might even lash out on a go pro to get some decent footage this time ha ha!

Why don’t you get a camera from Spaz?

I could do that, will see how high up the list of priorities it gets and then decide!

Oh I guess latest purchase for Dark and I

Wow, congrats, Blizz.

nthnbeachesguy - 28 May 2012 11:49 PM

I could do that, will see how high up the list of priorities it gets and then decide!

Spaz’s cameras are a bundle cheaper than the Go Pro and the footage from them looks pretty boss!

deanogoose - 28 May 2012 11:12 AM
Andy Aitken - 28 May 2012 10:33 AM

Yo Deano, PLEASE get the CDJs bro. I’m sorry I didn’t hear about this sooner. I just sold mine a few months ago.

You will be able to do so much more on CDJs mate. It depends on what music you will be playing I guess, but if you want to scratch at all then CDJs win hands down.

Also look at getting Vinyls. If you get Serato to go with them, then you can used control vinyls to play music from your laptop. That wasn’t around when I used to DJ but that would be my first choice if I was going to start playing again.

Alot of my good mates are dj’s and all have cdj’s, some have serato as well.

Im more keen on cdj’s just gotta find a set that are in a decent price range….

Yeah for sure. Mine cost a bucket load of cash. But about 5-6 years later I still sold them for a lot so they definitely hold their value. Hope you can find some on the cheap.

Just purchased a new lense for my goggles and a 4 lens kit for my iphone. getting a camera caddie soon too

Andy Aitken - 29 May 2012 01:17 AM
deanogoose - 28 May 2012 11:12 AM
Andy Aitken - 28 May 2012 10:33 AM

Yo Deano, PLEASE get the CDJs bro. I’m sorry I didn’t hear about this sooner. I just sold mine a few months ago.

You will be able to do so much more on CDJs mate. It depends on what music you will be playing I guess, but if you want to scratch at all then CDJs win hands down.

Also look at getting Vinyls. If you get Serato to go with them, then you can used control vinyls to play music from your laptop. That wasn’t around when I used to DJ but that would be my first choice if I was going to start playing again.

Alot of my good mates are dj’s and all have cdj’s, some have serato as well.

Im more keen on cdj’s just gotta find a set that are in a decent price range….

Yeah for sure. Mine cost a bucket load of cash. But about 5-6 years later I still sold them for a lot so they definitely hold their value. Hope you can find some on the cheap.

They certainly do! Some were going for $6-700 each…
For what i will be doing (a hell of a lot of bedroom mixing, maybe the occasional party here and there) i cant justify spending that much on cdj’s alone. Then i need mixer, speakers etc.

The traktor s4 is a sweet little package but it takes away so much of the art of djing to me (auto beat matching etc.)

Decisions decisions…

latest purchase - I ride sideways tall hoodie and top with raining ghosties :3

Just purchased new snow chains for $126 and free delivery. Pretty good price me thinks!! Last season half way through, i lost one chain on the way up never to be seen again. Got away with using 1 chain only at Falls, but not didnt try Hotham. No way id go up that road when it is iced over with one chain. It is sketchy enough with both chains!

Where from? i may need to invest in a pair, last year i relied on duct tape to hold our chains on…

I got a pair second hand at the servo in adaminaby for $40 bucks….they were going to charge me 30 to hire them!

New Snow Truck.

for those buying chains, Aldi snow sale is on this Saturday and they have them for $30.  Pretty awesome, but only 3 sizes and only in Vic.

If you have small wheels/rims I have a pair that i will give away to someone.