The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your latest purchase?

As the title suggests, whats the latest thing you have/will splurge on?

I am in the process of decding on mine;

Tossing up between buying 2 x used pioneer cdj 1000’s;

or a brand new Traktor S4 setup;

I was leaning towards the cdj’s but the prices for them 2nd hand are still big as they are still the most popular decks used in clubs so the s4 makes sense in terms of $$$ but…i dont know. im still torn!

Oh and i just bought a YES Basic for a mate who is starting to learn to snowboard. Im spewing, when i bought my Typo i loved the graphics of the Basic but it didnt have camrock so i had to go up a model. Now with camrock i think it is perfect.

me n SDV grabbed some Mons Royale first layer yesterday…. first snow purchase of the season, other than season passes.
but i’m looking for wheels for my Van also wink

does wedding reception count?

i splurged on getting a really good photographer LOL
http://www.polkadotbride.com/2012/03/vi-yukis-manly-engagement-photos/

Anything and everything counts!

Just this second bought tickets to go see Call The Cops featuring DZ Deathrays, Yacht Club Dj’s & Bleeding Knees Club @The Croner Hotel in July!

I purchased a heap of food yesterday, cost me $300 shut eye

physio torture for my sore knee.  Apparently my quads are too tight.

just bought 2 closet doors. nothing glamorous but I’m pretty stoked as it was super hard to find cheap ones. (they’re for my photo studio to block flare). They don’t sell cheap bi-fold doors at the home center and I was lucky to find a wholesaler online who had a pair for $15 each!

A new queen size mattress. They deliver on Friday. Stoked.

I got a new Motorbike Helmet, $370 will get a pic up soon.

I am actually really excited by the new bedding I bought!

Girly thing but hey Rider is stoked with his mattress!

*that is not my bedroom….

ozgirl - 28 May 2012 10:01 AM

That lokks soft/comfy as!!  not long enough tho.. wel not for Dragon but Congrats Ozgirl!!

Yo Deano, PLEASE get the CDJs bro. I’m sorry I didn’t hear about this sooner. I just sold mine a few months ago.

You will be able to do so much more on CDJs mate. It depends on what music you will be playing I guess, but if you want to scratch at all then CDJs win hands down.

Also look at getting Vinyls. If you get Serato to go with them, then you can used control vinyls to play music from your laptop. That wasn’t around when I used to DJ but that would be my first choice if I was going to start playing again.

snowdragon - 28 May 2012 10:20 AM
ozgirl - 28 May 2012 10:01 AM

That lokks soft/comfy as!!  not long enough tho.. wel not for Dragon but Congrats Ozgirl!!

Thanks! It goes up to a Super King Size!

I always buy my sheets / doona 1 size too big. Gives me more sheet to tuck in smile

Andy Aitken - 28 May 2012 10:33 AM

Yo Deano, PLEASE get the CDJs bro. I’m sorry I didn’t hear about this sooner. I just sold mine a few months ago.

You will be able to do so much more on CDJs mate. It depends on what music you will be playing I guess, but if you want to scratch at all then CDJs win hands down.

Also look at getting Vinyls. If you get Serato to go with them, then you can used control vinyls to play music from your laptop. That wasn’t around when I used to DJ but that would be my first choice if I was going to start playing again.

Alot of my good mates are dj’s and all have cdj’s, some have serato as well.

Im more keen on cdj’s just gotta find a set that are in a decent price range….

Last thing I bought was some T-shirts. haha

I’ve always wanted to DJ but i wouldn’t know where to start. I’ve fooled around with FL studio but yeah.