The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Grip Tape Art

Andy Aitken - 14 November 2012 02:14 AM

Wow that’s epic hOz! Good Job!

As for the trucks - Yep I sprayed them black and yellow. I just took them apart to do it so you don’t spray the bushings etc. It’s pretty easy, I’m sure you’ll have no trouble judging by what you’ve already done.
The paint does stay on, but it will come off where you grind on them (if you do). But this happens with any painted trucks even if you buy them that way. I think it just becomes part of the board, and the paint stays on the rest of the truck anyway so I think it’s worth doing if you are getting into it.
I used some engine enamel I already had from painting my engine, so it would stay on the metal. Worked a treat.

How on earth (pun intended) did you do the grip tape? I know Arbor paint the top of their decks and then spray a clear grip substance over the top.
Did you paint the grip tape itself?

Thanks Andy!

and thanks for the info.. I have pink engine bay enamel from painting the calipers on my car.. ( but not sure how that would match..)

And I just spray painted the grip tape itself.. Just dusting with light coats.. And slowly building it up… ( checking the grip between coats..)