The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

WIN a DVD Package + More from Snowboard Addiction

I’d LOVE to own this awesome package because i need to SHRED the parks up at Les Arcs, France! I’m only 14 and the DVDs could really help me become a better park rider! Thanks shred

Hi

I think i deserve those amazing prize because i am falling behind my friend. They are starting to get really good and doing some small competition but i cant go with them because i don’t have the necessary skills. i feel like I am holding them back and for me snowboarding his having a good time with your friend. This prize will help me improve and be able to follow my friend in any terain and play some game of horse or in your face without getting completely destroyed.

I need this package as my brother is a lot better snowboarder. With this package I would be able to catch up to Him again and keep up the brotherly competition like we have going when we skate

Reminder: this contest closes in just over two hours. Make sure you get your entries in! smile

Its simple for me. You all seen my crash last Shred wink
I have 1 Spins DVD and it is awesome. At the moment all my spare funds are going towards savings for next NoHe winter. So it would be great to get these in the comp and be able to take them with me on my NoHe adventures next year and really make a huge step forward in improving my riding.

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 27 March 2012 01:40 AM

They aren’t releasin “Don’t Be A Dickhead” till next season, K2!!!!!  smirk

LOL
True, but I’m sure at least once in one of their DVDs it would give me some advice on speed checking excaim

i should win cause im a mad c*#t.

/end thread

LOL nuff said deano!

Thats what i thought! haha
Since im such a mad c*#t, if i win im going to donate the prize to be won in some form of competition on here.

deanobruce - 27 March 2012 02:36 AM

i should win cause im a mad c*#t.

/end thread

I never knew that ya were “mad”!!!!!

i only recently added the mad to my title.
You didnt get the memo?

Mizu Kuma - 27 March 2012 02:06 AM
K2_SnatchCrewSader - 27 March 2012 01:40 AM

They aren’t releasin “Don’t Be A Dickhead” till next season, K2!!!!!  smirk

Sentence of the day!!!

Well, need may be a strong word, but I could definitely use the DVDs as well as & a number of other people I know.  First & foremost, they’re obviously the most valuable part of this stash ‘cause let’s face it, if you ain’t got no skills, you’re pretty much hatin’ it & not having any fun.  Not that having these DVDs in & of itself will necessarily cause you to get any better, you’ve gotta’ practice, but since I’ve actually got 1 Snowboard Addiction DVD, Jibbing Vol. 2, I know firsthand how valuable & “indispensable” they actually can be.  That may sound almost a little overrated there, but the truth’s the truth, for people learning, which we all are really, let’s face it, but especially for those of us that are still just really getting a good grasp of things, these DVDs can save us a LOT of time, a lot of pain, frustration, & having to figure out everything ourselves the hard way.  I admit that I tend to be the type of guy that likes to learn things myself, but if I can learn something from somebody else’s wisdom & then apply it to myself, so that it helps me get that much better that much faster, without having to go through all the pain & do everything the hard way, then who the heck am I to refuse that kind of help & be an idiot?  That’s exactly what I would be, an idiot, & stupid!  So that being said, here goes, 

moving on though, it’s not just about me, or myself rather, but I happen to live in a college town & there’s a college ski & snowboard club.  I know, I know, those damn 2 plankers aren’t really part of my inner circle, but we’re pretty small here so we stick together to make things work a lot easier, or at the very least to cut down on expenses so we can all have a lot more fun, overall.  Anyway, the point is, there are a lot of other riders that could learn from these as well, & we get together once a week if not more & watch videos anyway, so why not watch these & let it possibly help us improve our skills as well?!  And not to get all “business-like” here, but obviously it’d more than likely make them want to get some themselves, & that equates sales if you know what I’m saying, so that’s, a plus, or at least for Snowboard Addiction.  Oh yeah, & did I forget to mention that these are college students?  They pretty much all live on Facebook & you know how that goes, almost every single one of ‘em has like a thousand Friends or more & that’s not even exaggerating, word gets around, & that networking thing can multiply like crazy if you’re not careful! 

Besides the DVDs though, I honestly like that hat!  I’d have to take some markers to it & color it in some to make it more personal & bright & colorful, but that’s just me, I’ve done it to a number of hats already.  The stickers?  Well, okay, I’d have to slap some on my boards of course & maybe my longboard (sk8), maybe I’d be nice & share some with some of the other club peeps, we’d have to see!  wink  The glove liners would come in “handy” of course (no pun there), especially since I wear glittens most (you know, those “mittens” that have an index finger, they’re great for riding your bike around town during the winter, still have your index finger to wrap around the grips & use the rest of your fingers for braking or to be able to reach out & shift your gears with your index finger as well, they’re great & just the most functional to me, maybe some day I’ll have a sled to use them with to, we’ll see).  The t-shirt?  Well, okay, hope it’s a Large, if not, then I’ll have to give it to somebody else’ll & they’ll be stoked, just as cool with me!  The grenade?  Well, I doubt if anybody else has said this on here, but I donate plasma pretty much every week (that’s part of your blood), & it’d be a perfect “squeeze ball” for me & I can do it in “style” now!  I don’t know if that’s a roll of duct tape up there in the upper right hand corner, but I’ve already got more than enough of that, I grew up skating, what can I say?  Traditional grayish-silver, Trebark camouflage to be cheesy, & a dope leopard print (I actually like it, I’ve used it to tape up some seams on my pants & now they’re “punk rock”  shaka 

Anyway, to sum it all up, the DVDs are awesome & there’s so much there that it could help you progress for at least a few years to come if not more, & make it a lot easier & that much more enjoyable along the way, & isn’t that what snowboarding’s about, really?  Just having fun with your friends & continuing to get better & better?  That’s why it’s one of the best things in the world & I love it, later BoardWorld, hope to hear from you soon, peace!

haha mate you wrote that essay for nothing.
Comp closed @2pm today