The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New online ticketing system for Falls Creek and Hotham

Hotham and Falls Creek - New Electronic Ticketing System, eStore and POS

Falls Creek Ski Lifts and Hotham Skiing Company are rolling out a new electronic point of sale and ticketing system in 2012. Used widely at resorts around the world, the RTP (Resort Technology Partners) system will create streamlined pre-purchase of lift tickets and lessons, pre-organisation of equipment hire plus the ability to register the kids into the snowsports school programs prior to arrival at the resorts. Guests who utilise this new system will move more quickly onto the slopes, spending more time skiing and boarding.

The roll out has now begun with the introduction of the new eStore, creating hassle free benefits for online organisation of a guest’s snow holiday. Currently you can buy your season pass or Snow Rewards membership on the eStore.  In coming weeks, the eStore sale offering will also include lift tickets, lessons and equipment hire.

Guests can register online for rental equipment, completing a detailed form allowing easier and smoother collection of their equipment. Guests can also manage their skier or rider profiles for future equipment hire or snowsports lessons needs including group and private lessons.

“The benefits of the new system provide guests the opportunity to reduce the time they need to be at the ticket counters and in the equipment rental stores” says Nick Noble Marketing Manager Falls Creek Ski Lifts, “It’s important to provide systems that create more time on the slopes for our guests”.

“The installation of this new system will streamline the way we interact with our guests providing them the ability to organise parts of their holiday prior to arriving,” says Gina Woodward Hotham Sales & Marketing Manager, “We all value our time and the ability to maximise time on the slopes is paramount.“

This powerful new system across two of Victoria’s alpine resorts has enormous benefits and further benefits will be rolled out over the coming seasons.  Winter operations for skiing and snowboarding in 2012 will start on Saturday 9 June.

For further information check the websites:
http://www.skifalls.com.au/estore
http://www.hotham.com.au/estore

i want beers in a vending machine at the base of the main lifts…

deanobruce - 08 March 2012 01:22 AM

I 2nd this motion meaning the Motion has passed, the balls now in your court falls creek!

excellent… come on James Packer! make my dreams come true

Is this the RFID ‘pass in your pocket’ type thing?

I have one of these in the US, and it’s installed at the nzski resorts in enn zed.

Positives:
If you don’t have a full season pass, you can top up for the day at home and not f*ck around in lines when you get there
If they don’t have anyone checking photos (nzski do it with an iPad linked to the scanners) your mates can borrow your pass
No annoying bro-dude scanning your pass/ticket which may or may not be hanging from your fly zip smile

Negatives:
Resorts see the automated gate system as a way to remove the staff member that organises people onto the lifts. Big mistake. People as a whole, are dumb as f*ck. The system SLOWS DOWN liftlines, as a group of 4 invariable uses 2-3 gates instead of the full 4. So you need to get everyone through the gates, then they have to reorganise themselves in a limited space. On a pow day, this makes me angry. Maybe it’s just because I’m 5’5” and have short-angry-man’s syndrome, but I think it’s mostly because the system needs some work to be streamlined better.

i think its the same idea
along with you can top up cash into card to buy stuff…ie food/drinks

i wasted a good 10 minutes in the lift lines and another 20 minutes getting my ticket fixed when the online purchase stuffed up
not impressed!

this is on top of checking the card at the store because i had to purchase the other ones ticket in person

Enn Zed - I toally agree with you. And was laughing yesterdday at how the single in Niseko has two gates. But a double only has one!

And yep exactly what you said above happened at both Thredders and perisher last year no crowd control and people got confused about grouping themselves.

Enn Zed - 09 March 2012 02:21 AM

People as a whole, are dumb as f*ck.

I think I love you.

deanobruce - 08 March 2012 01:22 AM

You need to go to Japan!!!!!