The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

SLC shred update

Hey BWer’s. I haven’t been around much, but thought I’d throw together an update of my first season in Salt Lake City. I’m here for work, so not ski bumming it but I do get to ride lots. The season’s been a bit rough, really low snow year up until last week when we got dumped on and now it’s a little better. Still, no complaints as the terrain is fun and most things are pretty well covered. My normal routine is to ride Brighton after work 1-2 nights a week (work 6-3:30, riding by 4-4:30) and then shred somewhere else on the weekends. I finally got my split setup together so I’ve been doing quite a bit of hiking. Avy conditions are treacherous (20 deaths in the US so far, about 6 from Utah) so the only stuff really rideable is low angle, mellow terrain. That’s OK though, its just rad to get out of the resort and it’s made more bearable by the fact that every turn you get is untracked.

Some pics:
Solitude

Christmas Day!

Small inbounds slide

Road Trip - View of the Grand Teton from Grand Targhee Resort, Wyoming

Mini pow dropper

Splitting up

Heading home

Bliss

Night pow

Evening pow & beer. Winning!

If anyone’s coming for a trip and wants to a grab a beer or some turns, feel free to PM me!

Cheers,

Andy

looking good mate!

After Tahoe this season (which was dogsh!t) i have promised myself i will return another season once it is pow central…

Nice pics Enn Zed!!!!!  shaka

With 20 deaths so far, I can’t blame ya for hangin in the mellower stuff!!!!! Live to ride another day!!!!!

Looks great Enn Zed! Awesome that you finally got a heap of snow.