The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What Are Your Wheels?

What wheels do you use and/or what wheels do you recommend (or not recommend)??

I want to get some new wheels. I have 24 52mms but the soft ones, and they are way too soft. Just slow you down heaps.
Have some older blank ones which are prob 54-6mm? Just guessing. Bit big. Harder than my 24s but still not hard enough.

I want some hard ones to help with sliding more and so they are still fast at 52mm.

What should I get?

If you want hard wheels that slide I reckon you should get Bones STF. 52 seems like the perfect size.

I’ve got some 52mm Folklore Blanks on my deck and they seem good, they haven’t really flatspotted either.

Bones make some of the best wheels on the market. Highly recommended. That’s from working in a skate shop for eight years and hearing a lot of feedback from skaters.

Maybe CJ can pop in with some advice. He knows the products super well.

Cheers guys. Yeh looking forward to CJ’s advice on the topic!

Believe it or not… I’m on 65s!
Arbor 65s which are used on their street/longboard hybrid boards that I got from my old work.
Because my board is so huge I got these cause they are wide enough to be level with the edge of my board (for stability and also mucking around with primos and things). My board also has little cuts for big wheel, which is the only reason they fit (with tight trucks, the bite has got me a few times teacherboy ) They are really soft so awesome for cruising and super fast for transition and because they are soft I’m trying to slide as much as possible to wear them down to a decent size lol.

I’ve also got some 24 52s which I’m going to use for a second board (street board) when my new trucks arrive.

Hey K2, sorry for the late reply but having laptop issues.
BKM is on point with the bones wheels. STF and the 100’s are great wheels. 100’s being a bit cheaper but still quality.
Thing is K2 how much would you like to spend and the type of skating that you plan to do mostly?
Let me know I will endeavour to to get back in touch asap.
52mm are a good size wheel.

All good mate. Computers suck ass hey! haha

Price isnt really too much of a fuss for me. Skate gear seams so cheap compared to snowboard and kayaking gear so Im happy to pay for quality/the right product for me.

As for type of skating. Im doing a bit of everything. Most of my skating is in skate parks. Saying that, most of the time I am skating the street style features. Ledges, manny pads banks etc. Skate transition too. But not like im doin anything special on it like airs, transfers or anythign crazy. Just like doing stalls and slides. Lip tricks basically. And just rolling and pumping on tranny/bowls.
Will slowly start doing more street skating as some of the guys I am skating with skate just as much street as park.

Hope that helps confused

Bones is pretty much what I want to get, but wanted to see which ones. Street or Park. Are the Park formula still hard?

If you’re into sliding I reckon get the Street Formula’s but they also have Skatepark Formula’s so you might want to give that a go smile

The SPF are really good. Try 54 if you are planning on doing bowl and tranny. The main difference between the STF and SPF is the fact that the STF are narrower and more for a street style of skating. SPF are usually wider but they have introduced the slim which is narrower with it’s contact area that is bigger giving you more grip for parks and ramps.
Compound wise the hardest is really good still allowing you to powerslide and roll for days.
Will post more again.

So i HAVE to buy new wheels now. SPF sound good for me. will try some 54mm.

I like the look of these. Especially cos of the shape. It is narrower at the inner than the contact surface. Does that effect its ride compared to the reg shape of the same contact surface?

The Greek Signature Wheel

Diameter: 54mm
Width: 31mm

Hardness: 84B
Formula: SPF
Color: White
Surface: Smooth

How hard is 84B going to be? Slidable still? the 100s are 100A, and most the STFs are 83B

Not sure about sliding haha I only know that STF’s are good for sliding but bad for wooden ramps and stuff because it’ll be a bit slippery. I think CJ would have some info about this.

I might get two sets. Cos the indoor park I ride is slippery as hell, but wanna be able to slide the concrete parks I ride mostly

The slims are really good, it just makes the wheel lighter and still have the good grip you need. Side walls are designed to work well for park skating and coming out of grinds. Reason for bones using the 84b rating is the fact that anything that is over 99a rating is generally inaccurate. The B rating comes next then followed by D which provides a more accurate rating on the hardness.
When it comes to indoor parks they are generally slippery anyway so a lot of the time wheel choice isn’t always going to be a huge difference. Just need to be on point with your skating is all I can really say.

I skate super hard plan b´s!! drool

How do the Plan B’s skate? I know some super hard wells feel terrible, but others seem to have the compound right. Are they the ones with the dimples in them like a golf ball.

rob dyrdeck alien workshop 52’