The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Confused on my stance….

I want to put my stomp pad on my board but dont know which side -  i like to ride natural with my left foot forward but when i strap out i like to take the left foot out and push with my left foot therefore placing my right foot forward, very confusing i know…. any suggestions on what to?....

See a psychiatrist?????

Only kiddin!!!!! Have ya tried skatin in ya natural direction, right foot pushin?????

But If ya 100% positive that ya skate goofy more comfortably, then setup the stomp pad to suit!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 04 January 2012 09:08 AM

See a psychiatrist?????

Only kiddin!!!!! Have ya tried skatin in ya natural direction, right foot pushin?????

But If ya 100% positive that ya skate goofy more comfortably, then setup the stomp pad to suit!!!!!

Ha ha ha your so funny… I knew people would think i was a weirdo! I cant skate, might try but i normally stand on it and just fall off. But its just so annoying because i will get off the chair lift and be im really unsteady as i dont often ride that way, guess i will just have to ride both ways.

Sounds like ya really need to skate in a natural stance in order to get used to the feeling?????

Try with ya back foot (unstrapped) pushing from behind ya heel side of the board!!!!!

Read THIS!!!!! (Don’t pay too much attention to the dork in the vid though!!!!!)

Thanks heaps, may just leave the stomp pad off until i practice a bit and get used to it. Can you take stomp pads off after they are on?

i told her that she should learn to skate! hahaha although seeing a psychiatrist may give further help raspberry

you can take stomp pads off but its a pita and you cant reuse them.. i would learn what feels best for you then stick one on

Lachillingworth - 04 January 2012 09:43 AM

i told her that she should learn to skate! hahaha although seeing a psychiatrist may give further help raspberry

You are just too funny…

cabletieperformance - 04 January 2012 09:53 AM

you can take stomp pads off but its a pita and you cant reuse them.. i would learn what feels best for you then stick one on

Think thats a good idea, thanks smile

Just moved this into here, its a lovely home for it here smile

Am i the only one who has this difficulty? Please tell me i’m not alone….

Or get the studs and put 2 or 3 on either side… so if you want to practice goofy later or lend your board to a goofy mate they won’t have issues.

Edit: I did when I first started. I rode mongo (back foot strapped in) for a while.

Once you get it down-pat, it seems really trivial.

TJswish - 04 January 2012 10:09 AM

Or get the studs and put 2 or 3 on either side… so if you want to practice goofy later or lend your board to a goofy mate they won’t have issues.

Edit: I did when I first started. I rode mongo (back foot strapped in) for a while.

Once you get it down-pat, it seems really trivial.

Smart idea, thankyou. Love the picture raspberry

Azz - 04 January 2012 10:04 AM

Yes thankyou, sorry still new at this.

kg55 - 04 January 2012 10:40 AM
Azz - 04 January 2012 10:04 AM

Yes thankyou, sorry still new at this.

Everybody is new once, maybe you just aren’t “regular”  (said the goofy person)

cool smirk

Goofy has a bit of toe drag there… might need a wide board smile