The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

TELL US ABOUT YA VICE

Got this new addition to the tool kit today!!!!!! What do you guys use?????

a towel on my kitchen table, or my lap.

serves me good

Not for “when ya eatin ya Fruit Loops”, deano!!!!!!  hmmm

What kind of vise is it, Mizu? Looks awesome!

Ummm, I got it off a Canadian site, so I might run it by Jez before I post a link!!!!!!

I can whisper in ya ear at the spit though????? And if ya like that, then I’ll tell ya where I got it!!!!!  wink

(I couldn’t find anyone in Aus that sold them!!!!!!)

yeah i’d like some of those.  I just use two old saw-horses with hessian bags on top.

I use two stools (serious).

This reminds me I should wax my board before Feb smile

I used to use two blocks of 4x4 pine!!!!!

These are gonna make life so much easier!!!!!  cool grin

TJswish - 05 November 2011 12:56 AM

This reminds me I should wax my board before Feb smile

With the whole waxing thing, does it matter if you wax your board ages before usage? E.g. if i waxed it now but i wont be riding till late december.

In that case, you should give it a storage wax. https://www.boardworld.com.au/snowboarding/content/category/snowboard-storage-waxing/

In a nutshell, wax the board but don’t scrape the wax off. Scrape it off just before you’re going to use it. Then it will be good to go.

Those look great, Mizu.

I have an old set of RED tuning vices, from maybe about eight years ago. They attach to a table and hold the board both flat and on its side. I’ve been very happy with them.

mates got a toko set

i use yellow pages on stools

Massage table and 4 telephone books LOL

rider26 - 07 November 2011 12:49 AM

I have an old set of RED tuning vices. . .

Yep, got the same ones.

They’re fine, except for the fact that the non-slip rubber degrades over time - to the point where the red colour of it bleeds into whatever porous surface it touches. I discovered this when I found reversed RED logos permanently embedded in the white base of a brand new board - nasty, impossible to remove, red blotches. NOT happy!!!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 07 November 2011 01:16 AM

Massage table and 4 telephone books LOL

Ya know that I spelled “VICE” incorrectly on purpose!!!!! 

Now what do ya use for a “VISE”, when ya workin on ya “SNOWBOARD”, K2?????