The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Pictures of awesome shit.

I have seen a fricking hilarious thread on Whirlpool about tattoo’s.
99% of it was white collar middle aged men going ballistic saying tall people with tattoo’s are bogans/drugos/worthless/scum and 1% laughing at them and asking for veritable proof of such mindless claims.

My question is, how did you guys decide on what you were happy to get put on you? I like tattoo’s and have thought about getting one a few times but I can never settle on what I like, I always end up thinking ‘Do I really want that on me permanently?’. I don’t think I will ever get one, I am more curious about how you decided on your ink?

All mine i get the design and sit on it for a few months then decide if i still want it (except two, first one was my first tattoo. was of a rotary symbol. young and dumb but am going to get it covered when i do my back piece. 2nd was the girl i got on my arm last week, i had to book 15 months in advance to get it to this tattooist, i gave her a general idea of what i want my sleeve to be and she ran with it. i have seen her work over the last few years and i completely trust her to use my basic idea and create something awesome. So far she hasn’t disappointed me)

I have had workmates and one mate say I’m crazy when i told them what i was going to do, but i don’t care. I’m happy with it.

The amount of people i have seen with shit tattoo’s they regret i.e. not thinking about it, just seeing something they think is cool at the time and getting it tattooed then and there.

I don’t have any tatts and I never will. I think they can look cool and in particular I really like when girls have whole shoulder/sleeves done.
I never thought much about what ‘sort’ of people have tattoos because it seems like underneath a shirt anyone or everyone could have one?

Deano Lebron_MVP, Interesting that you left so much up to the artist lots of trust there! I remember you posted a picture of it do you remember where it was?

When he said he lets the artist have some creative control the artist will draw a sketch before hand to show then if you like his angle you proceed, it’s not like he just says I want a dolphin tht shoots lazers then the artist just freestyles it

Shouldn’t it be sharks with fricken laser beams?  I might actually enjoy seeing that ha ha!  Lots of my mates have tatts, lots of half sleeves, full sleeves etc, I don’t really think about them on my mates, they’re just there.  Tatts used to be pretty much the sole preserve of bikies, bikie moles and sailors back in the day, I think that’s where a lot of the stigma comes from

ive got a sleeve thats 3/4 done and its a family tree of sorts, made up of all different things that i relate to various members of my family, ie eye glasses for my mum, a motorbike motor for my dad. If you saw it you’d probably think its the most random group of unrelated things ever, theres even a crushed beer can on there, but it means so much to me, just like my family do and i love it.
i wonder if there is any correlation between those that think tats are for scummers/bogans/bikies and that same sex marriage is wrong. That might be a broad generalization but societies ideals do change, sometimes slowly. How many years ago was it that women couldnt even vote, let alone leave the kitchen?

nthnbeachesguy - 13 June 2012 08:56 PM

Shouldn’t it be sharks with fricken laser beams?  I might actually enjoy seeing that ha ha!

god i love a good comedy tat!!! Have you seen that one of a dolphin smoking a bong on a lounge chair?

Sukah - 13 June 2012 12:52 PM

When he said he lets the artist have some creative control the artist will draw a sketch before hand to show then if you like his angle you proceed, it’s not like he just says I want a dolphin tht shoots lazers then the artist just freestyles it

Actually there was no sketch mate. The stencil she put on me was just the outline of her face, and her hand. Thats the only thing i saw before she started, everything else was done freehand. I didnt even see what she was doing until 3.5 hours in when we had a break.

So it actually was how you stated in the 2nd half of your post!  LOL

JazzaW - 13 June 2012 12:46 PM

Deano Lebron_MVP, Interesting that you left so much up to the artist lots of trust there! I remember you posted a picture of it do you remember where it was?

Where the studio was? It’s called Garage Ink and it is in Browns Plains near Brisbane;
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Teneile-Napoli-Garage-Ink/121997151174180

trentradpants - 13 June 2012 11:02 PM

i wonder if there is any correlation between those that think tats are for scummers/bogans/bikies and that same sex marriage is wrong. That might be a broad generalization but societies ideals do change, sometimes slowly. How many years ago was it that women couldnt even vote, let alone leave the kitchen?

As a VERY broad generalisation, i would agree with you. But i dont like to generalise because its not accurate at all.

But i have found its mostly middle aged/older generation who have problems with them, and also religious nutbags.

love this too!!

trentradpants - 13 June 2012 11:03 PM

Shouldn’t it be sharks with fricken laser beams?  I might actually enjoy seeing that ha ha!

god i love a good comedy tat!!! Have you seen that one of a dolphin smoking a bong on a lounge chair?

Comedy tats are fricken hilarious!

My mate has some funny as shit tattoo’s
He has a sleeve that is nerd/geek themed. Also a gumball machine on his other arm.

Whilst i enjoy them, would never consider a comedy tattoo!

LeBron_MVP - 13 June 2012 11:14 PM
trentradpants - 13 June 2012 11:03 PM

Comedy tats are fricken hilarious!

My mate has some funny as shit tattoo’s
He has a sleeve that is nerd/geek themed. Also a gumball machine on his other arm.

Whilst i enjoy them, would never consider a comedy tattoo!

Yeah same, love to look at, would never get…..........at the moment smile

Hi guys,

Just cos there has been so much discussion on the topics of tattoos, I made a thread just for it for you all to discuss in there and keep this one for pics of awesome shit. Feel free to post pics of awesome tattoos in here still. Just we have 2 pages of tat talk.
Here is the thread https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/6017/
I will move this related talk above into there shortly

Fiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeee,

Back on topic then;

Turn 1 of the Monaco GP;

A guy from a car club that AJ2THEC and I are in is living in Dallas. These rolled through near him the other month;