The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Favourite goggles?

I’m just wondering what people’s favourite goggles were and why?

I usually ride with Oakley Widoms. But I recently lent mine to a mate and they have a MASSIVE scratch through them.
I’m deciding whether I should just get a new lens (which is annoying cos I have to order it from the states now) or get new goggles altogether - gonna cost a similar amount anyway…

Tossing up between:
Oakley A Frames/Crowbar
Electric EG1s
Dragon Mace
Anon Realm/Figment

Von zipper feenom is what I have. The issue with them was the original band broke and had to sent away but they paid for the new band and postage.
Favourite goggles that I’ve seen are the Dragon Mace goggles. I have dragon sunnies and the goggles just look good, lol

I’ve been wearing Anon Figments for a fair while now and I find them super comfy and really easy to change lenses.  Prior to that it was Oakley A Frames and they were also a really good fitting goggle.

T-Spec - I have a pair of Oakley Wisdoms that are near new that I found too big.  PM me if you’re interested in buying them.

Smith I/O is where its at.  My favorite ever, fit great, come with 2 fantastic lenses that are sooo easy to change, the low light lens is the best i have tried and they look cool I think.  I dont even think of wearing my old Anons anymore

The only goggles i’ve had on that list are the oakley crowbars and although the outside fit looks like it sticks out of your face on the sides, it fits great and looks pretty mad.

Ive got the Oakley A frames (with pink iridium lense) - theyre comfy, look good and work well in all conditions.

i have dragon DX’s super nice brought them yesturday bit of an upgrade for some poor MTX brand that i have had for 3 years

the dragon ones are sick its like someone has made them out of paper mache’d comic book if that makes sense haha
and the lense is nice and reflective but still not too dark and isnt a funny colour so it throws your colour balance out the door even though its spare lense is that orange one that makes you feel like your boarding on the moon

I have always loved the designs on the dragons but have never tried them.
Has anyone used both the crowbars and dragons and had a clear favourite?

I had Spy (whatevers?) they were a few years old and the foam started deteriorating.
I just bought some VZ Feenom’s last weekend.
I cant stand not having good peripheral vision and having the goggles foam right along the side of my eyes.
I dont have a massive head, but the Anon’s, Electric’s, Dragons i tried on they just werent wide enough for me to feel comforable.
Love the Feenoms though. Pricey, but worth it.

I say go some new goggles.
The hassle of having to get lenses over from the US, you can now buy new goggles with twin lens’ for a reasonable price.
Plus you will get an all new goggle with new foam/headband elastic. Something that might already be on the way out with your old goggles.

I have used ANON the most.
Figment is simple and least expensive, a very good goggle, no frills, really.
The Halcyon and Theorem, which I dont think they make anymore is what my wife and I usually use, as we have tons of color lens options with each of them.
We both use ANON the most because they fit the RED helmets the best.
Apparently I will be trying out some sweet Dragon Rogue goggles this season and I’m stoked to be using Dragons. I’ve always liked that company.

I used to really like the Arnette design, but do they even make goggles anymore?
I have a friend that has the Smith I/O and he brags about how easy the lens change is.
I dont have a problem with the ANON lens changing, but it takes a while to get it down. I’m quicker on the theorem than the figment and halcyon, probably because I have switched those more often.

EDIT:
I just checked Arnette’s website, apparently they dont make goggles anymore.

Electric EG2’s - astronaut steez and a place to put your chapstickz

EG1S’s are rad too, clean, simple with a good lense and a good pricetag. Oh, and much less hype than Oakley.

snowslider - 14 August 2009 01:54 AM

I just checked Arnette’s website, apparently they dont make goggles anymore.

Wow, that means that I’ve seen some fairly old stock still hanging around. Any idea how long ago they stopped?

I dont think they stopped that long ago man. Its pretty recent

Wow. Electric EG2 looks awesome.
Giant spaceman lens!

I think I’ve made up my mind.. I hope they fit my helmet…
Oh well.. guess I should get a new one of those too, aha

Just looked them up after that comment and I must say they look space age. i even got a picture of an astronaut come up when I looked for them. Good to hear you’ve made a decision.

T-Spec - 14 August 2009 08:58 AM

Wow. Electric EG2 looks awesome.
Giant spaceman lens!

I think I’ve made up my mind.. I hope they fit my helmet…
Oh well.. guess I should get a new one of those too, aha

Had a look to and i reckon the mission control one EG2 looks mad. Are you ordering online? Cos if you were getting it from a store, i’d take the helmet down and they’d be more than happy to let you see if they fit.