The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

50% off all Boards and Wheels @ 24skateboards.com

fenno - 11 October 2011 10:55 AM

Unfortunately there is no sale on bearings. We only produce the best bearings called Hybrid Ceramics which are $70 however you can get Board, Wheels, Bearings and Grip for $125

yeah i saw the cost of your bearings and thought i may as well get the board, tape and wheels

i have mainly ridden softer wheels, for a noob older skate who wont be doing much do u reckon hard or soft wheels

also my deck is a 8.5 inch deck gulp

what size deck is the go/do u recommend these days, my foot size is only 8.5US, basic rider

My old Toy Machine Bad Boy (about 15+ years old)
thunder trucks i think,
bought the deck in Hawaii

stupid double post

Andy Aitken - 11 October 2011 10:33 PM
K2_SnatchCrewSader - 11 October 2011 01:30 PM

Prob gonna by the package myself. Got some trucks on the way so would be perfect.

Which wheels dis u go with Andy?

I went with the softer wheels cause there’s an indoor park near my house and hard wheels tend to be too slippery for the wooden ramps.

So you’re getting back into skating K2. That’s sweet man, I kinda never was much of a skater but I got some spare time now so I’m gunna try and skate everyday for a while and see if I can get better. Come for a roll with me if you’re ever on the central coast!

Yeh will definately be bringing my board when ever I travel up that way. If I come up for The Spit, I’ll bring it.

Yeh I wasnt sure which wheels I would prefer. I prefer to skate on wood miniramps, but not really any available. Lots of concrete bowls and parks nearby for me to ride. One mini concrete ramp which I will be skating a fair bit. Will street skate too, but not heaps really

The package (prob what I will end up getting) comes with the softer ones, which should be fine.
Any sugestions anyone?

Caboose - 11 October 2011 10:40 PM

Unfortunately there is no sale on bearings. We only produce the best bearings called Hybrid Ceramics which are $70 however you can get Board, Wheels, Bearings and Grip for $125

yeah i saw the cost of your bearings and thought i may as well get the board, tape and wheels

i have mainly ridden softer wheels, for a noob older skate who wont be doing much do u reckon hard or soft wheels

what size deck is the go/do u recommend these days, my foot size is only 8.5US, basic rider

thunder trucks i think,

Hey Man,

Our biggest size is 8”. As a skater if you have a smaller foot we recommend going with a smaller board 7.875” or 7.75” but your average skater these day is skating an 8” board which is a good size to cruise around on and do some tricks.

Soft wheels are good for crusing and the small skate here and there, Hard wheels are better for your street style skating if your going to skate stairs or skate street spots.

Hope this helps!

Soft wheels are good for crusing and the small skate here and there, Hard wheels are better for your street style skating if your going to skate stairs or skate street spots.

Thanks fenno, helps heaps!

... what’s The Spit??

Yeah I like mini ramps too, unfortunately I don’t have any outdoor minis so I have to pay every time I want to ride one :(

the Spit at Mizus house. Have you seen the thread? https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/3480/

fenno - 11 October 2011 11:42 PM
Caboose - 11 October 2011 10:40 PM

thunder trucks i think,

Hey Man,

Our biggest size is 8”. As a skater if you have a smaller foot we recommend going with a smaller board 7.875” or 7.75” but your average skater these day is skating an 8” board which is a good size to cruise around on and do some tricks.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!!

Order Sent!!!

I got size 11us shoes and I found that 7.75 boards were small for me so I tried my mates 8.0 deck and it was a major difference and felt very comfortable to ride. The bigger the deck the easier it is to land on and the smaller the deck the easier it is to flip.

Yeh will definately be bringing my board when ever I travel up that way. If I come up for The Spit, I’ll bring it.

Yeh I wasnt sure which wheels I would prefer. I prefer to skate on wood miniramps, but not really any available. Lots of concrete bowls and parks nearby for me to ride. One mini concrete ramp which I will be skating a fair bit. Will street skate too, but not heaps really

The package (prob what I will end up getting) comes with the softer ones, which should be fine.
Any sugestions anyone?

Hey!
The soft wheels are great for your average roll around, I rode the soft wheels around parks and bowls for a while and I loved them..

Personally I find it comes down to the skater and how they feel with the wheels.

Hope this helps smile

Order sent! just got the deal package. will go nicely with my new trucks that are on the way rocker

8 8 8 8 is the way. Although I do get tempted with bigger. Funny thing is I am only a 7us.

Caboose are they T4 thunders with the 6 hole pattern???

Enjoy the new gear that you all got. Thanks fenno for getting peps stoked on skating again.

yeah i think the thunder truck have 6 bolt holes if that is what you mean

and yeah ordered 8” deck

Caboose - 13 October 2011 10:22 PM

yeah i think the thunder truck have 6 bolt holes if that is what you mean

and yeah ordered 8” deck

Good lad! :D