The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

where to stay in tokyo for one night

Sorry if this is a bit late. I stayed at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel. It’s a really nice hotel, right across the road from Shinagawa train station. The location is good because you can hop on a quick train to anywhere. The pricing was quite reasonable if I remember correctly.

http://www.princehotels.com/en/shinagawa/

I’d agree with the others; Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Harajuku are must sees.

Cool guys thank you very much for all the replays i am sure this thread will be useful to others that are going to Tokyo for first time like my self.

lanox - 09 October 2011 10:03 AM

guys thanks heaps for you help…..... i kinda of got an idea around what area to stay, do u guys suggest any hotels to look in to ? that are not to expansive but worth staying in?

since you have snowboard gear you cant stay at any capsule places…they are generally the cheapest at around 40-45/night

one thing to note about Tokyo hotels
they are small and you generally get what you pay for (unless you find a special deal)

I’ve stayed in red light district shinjuku before cause it was cheap LOL
don’t recommend it as its not for everyone

I would base my stay at the place based on availability/price rather than recommendations
you have to do your searching yourself for the deals cause pricing jumps all over the place

+1 for shinjuku

both times we went to tokyo we stayed there, great access to many train lines and very good shopping. plus we walked from shinjuku through meiji park to harajuku, thats really nice. depends on how long really 1 night isnt much and depending on where you stay and what tie your flights are you may not really have that much time for sight seeing. shinjuku is great for this as there is a lot compressed into a small area, night shopping, parks, temples and shrines and good food all within a few minutes walk.