The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Helmets

i’ve always worn one from Day 2.
Had a pryme for a few years before upgrading to an omen this season
got some tuneups, and it should be sweet as.

golfpunklegend - 03 August 2009 11:51 AM

Love the getup.
Where did you get the bandana from?
I think they got a website somewhere but I would like to know if there are any stores around that stock them?

Dude I just found it in ESS Parramatta, same place as the helmet, there were afew of the same left.

I think Semantics website lists stores they stock to.

wow, guys, I didn’t mean to upset anyone with the “swallow my pride comment” it was just a figure of speech.
I think helmets are great, they look cool and above all they keep your skull in tact.
That is exactly why I was asking the original question.

sorry if I upset anyone and thanks for the info too.

I bought a smith holt for this year. Warm head and no headaches from stupid edge catch to head slam. I have knocked myself a good few times skating and figured that its going to be better to reduce that number now by wearing a bucket.
I had a close call this year to with landing on my back in some powder and moving after to feel a rock right near me. So for that peace of mind i going to be using my helmet a lot now.

s10gry - 04 August 2009 01:54 AM

wow, guys, I didn’t mean to upset anyone with the “swallow my pride comment” it was just a figure of speech.
I think helmets are great, they look cool and above all they keep your skull in tact.

heheeh I don’t think anyone was offended/upset by your comment, for me it more came across that wearing a helmet was “uncool” - people are always going to think that, which is their call, but I find it hard to understand (and justify) in a sport like snowboarding where sheet ice and terrain park activities go hand in hand, you would NOT want to wear one…..

We, as a family all wear helmets, anyone who stays with us wears them too, we peer pressure them into it.

This is why…............

The guy wearing that one was very happy it was concussion rather than brain damage.

kort - 05 August 2009 05:14 AM
s10gry - 04 August 2009 01:54 AM

heheeh I don’t think anyone was offended/upset by your comment, for me it more came across that wearing a helmet was “uncool” - people are always going to think that, which is their call, but I find it hard to understand (and justify) in a sport like snowboarding where sheet ice and terrain park activities go hand in hand, you would NOT want to wear one…..

Much the same as Kort, I wasn’t offended at all but just the fact that it came across as uncool to wear a helmet.
For some reason many people see safety precautions (not saying you) as a waste of time or money. I like to think
of it like bike riding. If you’re on the road and the cops catch you without a helmet you get a fine. Ice can be just as
hard as asphalt when it comes to a fall so I adopt that same policy.

I wonder how long it is going to take to become law to wear one.
I smashed myself a few years back and will not ride without one now.

The day i got my helmet was the day was the day i saw someone split their helmet on a down rail :]

my friend roy is getting this beanie in from the US. its filled with this particle-sciency-technology putty stuff which i dont understand but the basic concept is:
as your beanie hits an object with force, the particles in the gel stiffen to give you protection. not as safe as a helmet but pretty cool either way. i stick with a helmet myself.

it think the manufacturer is CP30 or something?

Theres crazy man! thanks for the link.
The video halfway down that page gives a spastically amazing demonstration tha blew my mind…...
Where dd your mate get one of these?

hey, i was considering getting one of them d3o things but thought back to my near-head-cracking experiences, and no it wont work, purely because before impact, my beanie was always dislodged. i think it’s a good concept but nothing will beat the hardhat.

so i went for the helmet. smile

Oo i found it online… looks like i’ll have to order one soon smile
they’re cost 30 pounds and you pay for postage too.
Are there any shops in melbourne that sell this?

Yeah I’ve got a pair of Session thermals with that technology in them, it has amazingly saved me alot of pain and work really well.

Interesting to see it in a beanie to.