The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld

Rider26
I know your still just getting the site up and running and your still to get the skate and surf sections going, but did you consider ever adding Wakeboarding into the mix?

Excuse the pitiful graphic design work on my behalf smile

Wakeboarding was definately considered and at times over the last two years was actually part of Boardworld. Considering the amount of work for each section and the time it takes to build it accurately and comhrehensively, I ultimately decided to keep it out for now. I love wakeboarding, but all my experience, contacts, and knowledge in the industry is snow, skate, and surf. I never say never but for now it can’t be done.

All good. I know it must take heaps of work to get the site sorted for just the existing snow/skate/surf sections.

I have a lot of work to do over the next year or so to get the current sections how I want it. There is still so much content to be added. We are working on the skate section now, it’s going to be so sick.

If there was a Wakeboard section added, I’d love to help with it, I know my fair share when it comes to wakeboarding.

Offtopic: I can’t wait till the skate section Rider26, any ETA in place? I know I wanna get some tips when its out.

The graphic is great evan.
did you do that up from scratch?

golfpunklegend - 03 August 2009 08:07 AM

Yeah! looks great except for the different tone of black.

antt321 - 03 August 2009 06:20 AM

If there was a Wakeboard section added, I’d love to help with it, I know my fair share when it comes to wakeboarding.

Offtopic: I can’t wait till the skate section Rider26, any ETA in place? I know I wanna get some tips when its out.

Realistically about 4 months, but it will be worth the wait. We are starting filming very soon.

rider26 - 03 August 2009 09:07 AM
antt321 - 03 August 2009 06:20 AM

Realistically about 4 months, but it will be worth the wait. We are starting filming very soon.

Great to hear that it’s all coming together. I also like the idea that it will be all released together as a well done project (that’s the impression I’m getting)

Yeah we try to make sure that when we launch a section there is enough good content on there to keep you busy for a while. That said we will still be building the snow and skate sections for the next two years. There is a lot more content still coming for the snow section also. We are doing a lot more filming over the Northern Hemisphere winter also. Boardworld is going to keeep growing and getting better. We are very comitted to giving our members and users the best possible product.

nic - 03 August 2009 08:31 AM
golfpunklegend - 03 August 2009 08:07 AM

Yeah! looks great except for the different tone of black.

Hahaha. Thanks, I didnt think it was anything special though.
I just did it in 5mins in Microsoft Paint for a bit of fun. Thats why its pixely and the colour doesnt match.

On the note of how your additions look good; compliments to the person
who designed boardworld’s logo. Great job!

I cant imagine all the preparation it takes to put this all together, it’s like building it all over again just to add the skating or surfing sections.

Great work Jeremy!
Glad I can help.

snowslider - 03 August 2009 03:34 PM

I cant imagine all the preparation it takes to put this all together, it’s like building it all over again just to add the skating or surfing sections.

Great work Jeremy!
Glad I can help.

Starting a website is obviously not as easy as i’d assumed….

golfpunklegend - 15 August 2009 04:25 AM

Great work Jeremy!
Glad I can help.

‘Starting’ is the easy part, maintaining, improving and developing is the hard part. Good work Jeremy

nic - 15 August 2009 07:36 AM
golfpunklegend - 15 August 2009 04:25 AM

Great work Jeremy!
Glad I can help.

‘Starting’ is the easy part, maintaining, improving and developing is the hard part. Good work Jeremy

...and there is a difference between any old website used to display information and images, versus a website like this with includes daily use from various people and interactive media, message boards, video etc.