The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

D90 and lens

cheaper in australia - who would have thunk it? tongue laugh

i have the d90…pretty sure the FPS in real world shooting is 4.9FPS i got the D90 in 2010 in japan for $600aud 2nd Hand (used for 1500 actuations) still had the plastic covers on the rear LCD and top LCD. i would get something newer if i could afford it or needed a new camera, but the D90 has been great for me coming off the fuji S2 and S3.

I would really dig through Ken rockwells site as he is a wealth of knowledge for NIkon gear…a sensational resource for buyers

I found this

http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D5100-vs-Nikon_D90

Also my sister highly rates dpreview and steves digicams - but she is a canon fan.

Will look around on Ken site if he has Nikon focus.

Reading the Ken Rockwell post on the S5100 i like this line best…

If you just want fantastic pictures, get a D5100

The is me to a T

I want a good camera - not necessarily a million bells and whistle cause lets face it who really uses them! But some are nice!

Okay one more question (and thanks so much for being patient with me!!)

what is D lighting? and maybe i will know the answer to this next question when you answer the first but what does Auto, Extra high, High, Normal, Low, or Off mean. The D5100 has this which is a good thing.

Sorry more questions (i am leaving for the shred soon so i will stop bugging shortly LOL)

I am reading the scenes and I am excited - a food setting (i am actually trained Home Economist supposedly to work in mags etc but i went travelling instead!)  and would love to get more into it with my blog but haven’t cause of the camera limitations!) I wonder what pre sets food would come with… (i will prob never use it BUT i find it interesting how Nikon are getting onboard with the mummy bloggers - not that i am one!)

but i degress!

What the hell is Blossom?? Is that the same as flower?? Wonder why they called it blossom??

blossom would prob be for cherry blossoms (big in japan). it prob brings out pinks.

d-lighting sort of edits your photos in camera, like fixes levels for you. It would prob add light to dark areas in a photo with high contrast.

don’t expect the scene modes to take awesome photos for you. food mode might bump the saturation a bit and give you more vivid colours.

Thanks!

Interesting about the cherry blossoms! I love them and would love to go back to japan when they are in season… but i have other non skiing holidays which i will struggle to get to without going back to Japan!