The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Regime

I just bought running shoes, the first time in years! Im keen to get fit this year. Also bought a wobble board and will try to hit up the wakeboarding cable park as much as possible.

2km swim yesterday

ride to work today with slightly sprained ankle

1st time on bike this month (rain, work, eye infection :( )

haven’t lost much bike fitness

I have just started up training again after the injuries that came out of NZ.  To be honest I coulda been training a lot earlier but I was enjoying doing nothing but eating pizza, chips pies and copious amounts of beer.  My chick bought some scales a couple of weeks ago and I just about blew them up yesterday, 122kgs, I’m starting to look like deanobruce’s avatar but less hairy.  Before NZ I was training and got to probably close to 112 or so.

I have started doing something about it, for me diet was, is and always will be the most important factor.  It’s actually not that hard, I could stroll down the hill to kimbriki tip with a knife, fork and napkin and get more nutritional value out of that than what I have been eating.  With that said I want the results to be drastic and quick and so my dietary change is drastic as well.  A typical day over the last 6 weeks would have been as follows

Brekky - Bacon and egg roll, coffee
Lunch - Burger and chips
Afternoon - Pie and sausage roll and some kettle chips
Dinner - pizza and a few beers

There is so much wrong with that I’m not sure where to start, I think I was bored, have quit smoking and fulfilled a need with food.

For the last couple of days its’ looked like this

Brekky - Muesli
Lunch - Chicken and Vegies with some rice
Arvo - Chicken
Dinner - protein shake

There is still a lot of room for improvement but the mere fact it’s probably half the calories of before and better type of calories will be a massive improvement.  I have always had my best results with fat loss by cutting a solid dinner out completely for a few weeks.  I have taken all y measurements, some frankly disturbing pics of myself and aim to repeat the process every week to gauge progress. 

The goal isn’t really weight based but I would like to see my abs again, I’m guessing based on previous experience this will be somewhere closer to 105kgs and to get there before Xmas.

Watch this space.

nice work NBG

yeah i have tried to cut out as much Fat, Sugar & salt out of my diet with the exercise

not doing too bad

lunch today is salad!!!!! will be my aim to have salads most lunches

will try to get on the Fruit from break thing too

WOW

weird mix of being shagged & on endorphins high today

swim last night, late night, ride to work today

feel so light headed, but feel positive

Well I did my Tuesday night weigh in and measure a couple of nights ago.  Was basically as I expected on the weight front, exactly the same.  Have always found the first one or two weeks after a long lay off from training my weight stays about the same, muscle rebuilding and fat being burnt off equal eachother out in the weight stakes.  The measurments were a little more encouraging, lost 1” around the belly and .5” most other areas other than my arms, they got a little bigger ha ha! 

The first week as far as training goes I eased myself into it a little, I think I went for 4-5 walks of varying lengths and terrain and 3 weights sessions but my diet was a lot better all week.  This week I have thrown myself into it fairly heavily, morning and night 40 mins walks, weights session every night and diet has been good, similar to what I posted above and I haven’t had any alcohol for almost 2 weeks.  Feeling pretty sore but in a good way and also pretty tired, been getting up at 4:40am to do the morning walk before work even when it’s been pissing rain, old snowboard jacket has come in handy.  Looking forward to next Tuesday to see how I’m travelling again.

I’ve been sick for 2 weeks with some kind of flu with a mean cough attached and haven’t been able to do anything….oh except I had a hit of squash last wednesday (took it pretty easy) but probably was a dumb idea. Hoping I can get back into it soon!

broken the 85kg barrier!!!  (84.5kg ish)

riding has been stalled due to bad weather

have done 3 swims this week

feeling heaps better, more energetic - just gotta keep plugging away

Fark I have almost 40kgs on you Caboose or almost another half of you again ha ha!

yeah but you are a big unit wink

Yeah about 18 months ago that was compliment, not so much right now ha ha ha!

Good stuff, Caboose! Keep it up!

October wasn’t so good

November has started better

2.1km swim last night ride to/from work today!!!!

Ha ha bad month Caboose, what happened?  I have maintained the fire pretty much apart from the last couple of days sick, going to train tonight though.  Even did my morning walk on Wednesday feeling like dogturd hoping I could power through, unfortunately it wasn’t the case and ended up cactus by lunch.  Have lost almost 2” off my waist despite being only 1kg lighter this Tuesday, might have something to do with the enormous steak I was served at our Melbourne Cup lunch, although I went with Veg and not the chips and salad option.

I did my first run this morning for about 4 weeks. A dose of antibiotics has finally gotten me feeling well again so I went off bright and early this morning. I felt really slow but time was similar to my other few runs.

do you guys listen to music while you run/exercise? any songs you know just keep you going?