The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

GhettoBlaster - SKATE PARTY - Part II - September 3rd

If we were to interview the cleaners at Q Bar following GhettoBlaster, you’d probably find there would be nothing but expletives during that conversation, this month? We’re not planning on changing that.

In fact, we’re expanding this house party.

Entry this month will be through our brand new room THE BACKYARD (SPECTRUM). We’ll be rolling out fresh turf & stringing up fairy lights to set the scene for our artists OX X 5ROB X BATH…CAT who are taking on the live art wall. CRIES WOLF, &DIMES;, DEL & special guest DJs will also be spinning tunes that will ensure sitting in the outdoor furniture & hammocks is no option.

THE PARK (QBAR) brings on the return of our &Dimes; SKATE RAMP. The HALF PIPE, basketball hoops & hopscotch will keep everyone busy all night, but if you keep your eyes peeled you’ll also find sneakers hanging from the beams in venue indicating where you can score yourself free drink tickets.

THE FRONT PORCH (VIP) will be open again for you to enjoy some card games- gambling for free margarita buckets. Milk crates, pick-up sticks & marbles will also be scattered around and yes, we’ll also have more clue cards for our upcoming GhettoBlaster Secret Party.

THE LOUNGE ROOM (34B) opens with Sydney acts SWEET TEETH and NEW BRUTALISTS playing live sets on couches, in amongst lamps & destroyed TVs. M.I.T., GIRLTHING DJs and MARK C will then take the stage, mixing your favourite tunes well into the AM.

So whether your plans this month include drinking Kool-Aid & hanging at the live art wall, Playing cards for drink tickets or trashing couches and juggling your margarita buckets, we’ve got it covered.

FREE PUSH POPS
FREE KEG BEER
$5 PURPLE DRANK JARS (VODKA & GRAPE KOOL-AID)
$5 HOUSE BEERS
$8 &DIMES; MARGARITA BUCKETS (until midnight)
$5 &DIMES; MARGARITA BUCKETS (until close)

So there it is, a glimpse into what to expect at Sydney’s greatest house party, crammed into a club.

.Q Bar. 34b. Spectrum. VIP. Oxford St. Saturday. September 3rd. 9pm. $10 Entry.

i could be wrong…and please correct me if i am.

but a house party needs to be in a house…

So this is at 4 different bars? and $10 to get into all of them?

I might be keen…

Spewing i would of gone for sure but i think ive gotta clean out my sock draw that weekend dammmmmmmmmmmmmmm teacherboy

You don’t own any socks!!!!!

Skating, vodka and Kool-Aid?