The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What other sports do you enjoy?

frizzzzzzzbee

skate 2 isnt a sport
its a life style

Beerpong, flipcup and frizzbeer!

I am keen to try some trampoline action, thinking of getting one of those springfree ones. Also a skate 2 fan, we should have a BwMB session. anyone playing stoked?

Football….the real football you play with your feet. It always pains me that football games are on winter weekends. Sucks having to decide between club sport and the snow :(

I hear that… last 2 seasons before this I had a season pass and a commitment to club soccer. I drove up and down to the snow from Sydney EVERY week. Could do that drive with my eyes closed…

wow 3 pages in on a (mostly) australian forum and i can’t believe no one has said they play cricket…or maybe i’m just the weird one…

i also play football (aussie rules variety - eastern states people please don’t kill me) and have done for the last couple of years, (but i did play the round ball version for the 10 years before that…), also the indoor iterations of cricket and soccer, and a bit of (very) social tennis…don’t get to snowboard as much as i like due to living in adelaide and being at uni, but i finish at the end of this year and am going to canada…so i think i can wait for that… smile

bangabain - 28 June 2009 11:20 AM

wow 3 pages in on a (mostly) australian forum and i can’t believe no one has said they play cricket…or maybe i’m just the weird one…

i also play football (aussie rules variety - eastern states people please don’t kill me) and have done for the last couple of years, (but i did play the round ball version for the 10 years before that…), also the indoor iterations of cricket and soccer, and a bit of (very) social tennis…don’t get to snowboard as much as i like due to living in adelaide and being at uni, but i finish at the end of this year and am going to canada…so i think i can wait for that… smile

where are you planning on going in Canada?

surfing, skating and freebording for me

Just Giver - 28 June 2009 02:41 PM
bangabain - 28 June 2009 11:20 AM

where are you planning on going in Canada?

Hopefully going to be working at Panorama or Banff, somewhere in that area…so heading there through Calgary…didn’t think Whistler needed another Aussie for the summer raspberry

I LOVE GOLF.. but have played most other sports, just not netball. I really want to get into trampolining.. where is good in Sydney louise?

I play football, I waterski, and skateboarding. Also parkour from time to time.

antt321 - 28 June 2009 09:44 PM

I play football, I waterski, and skateboarding. Also parkour from time to time.

I had to look up what parkour is. I’ve seen some youtube videos of it - interesting. Spy ninja type stuff.
I bet you’d make a good freestyle walker.

Snowboarding, skiing…... which I suck at but our little one loves Daddy skiing with her, its because she is better than me red face

Skateboarding, just secured a mini ramp, its sitting at our off mountain home ready to be put together for summer fun.

Wakeboarding, when we can skam a ride in someones boat.

Trampoline, got one of those springless ones for the kids, heaps of fun to be had bouncing.

Hiking, mostly around Hotham, sussing out good spots for building BC booters, now we just need this system to come off and we can get out there.

is drinking wine a sport?

Tambazz - 28 June 2009 11:26 PM

is drinking wine a sport?

Some people sure make a sport out of it.
But to quote Jeremy, “I’d rather spin a 7 than drink a beer.”
I think that fits appropriately here.