The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Graphic Design Contest

bah.. I really want one of these boards but I’m absolutely useless at anything graphic design wise downer

has anyone got a board template for photoshop? cause the design I can give that a try but making the template is to much for a design-rookie like me :p

They will be uploading the one we need to use shortly for us to download along with the full com details

ok can’t wait
better start thinking about the design…

tjswish - 28 June 2011 08:52 AM
rider26 - 28 June 2011 08:49 AM
blizzard_22 - 28 June 2011 08:44 AM

Will there be a limit on how many designs we can submit?

Didn’t even think of that. I’ll speak to Jeff and maybe we’ll allow more than one entry.

I would say 2 or 3 as a max. Gives people more than 1 chance (and therefore more cool entries) but also limits people from flooding the comp. smile

Well, youve already used up one of yours with the shuffler, TJ!!!!!!  cool smirk

Mizu Kuma - 28 June 2011 11:23 PM
tjswish - 28 June 2011 08:52 AM
rider26 - 28 June 2011 08:49 AM
blizzard_22 - 28 June 2011 08:44 AM

Will there be a limit on how many designs we can submit?

Didn’t even think of that. I’ll speak to Jeff and maybe we’ll allow more than one entry.

I would say 2 or 3 as a max. Gives people more than 1 chance (and therefore more cool entries) but also limits people from flooding the comp. smile

Well, youve already used up one of yours with the shuffler, TJ!!!!!!  cool smirk

Lol! I don’t think that one counts…

This thread has been updated with all the details and design materials. Good luck!

GAME ON   evil

cool smirk

spewin i cant see the images on the work computer, be keen to see what sort of visuals people are into for there board designs

Quick question.
With the template we have to use, is it ok to invert it from black to white? Just mite contrast better against some designs.

Yeah that’s fine. As long as you use the outline and submit at the same size.

EDIT: We’ve changed the template in the original post to be black on white.

rider26 - 29 June 2011 02:35 AM

Yeah that’s fine. As long as you use the outline and submit at the same size.

EDIT: We’ve changed the template in the original post to be black on white.

Sorry if im being a pain in the ass, but the new one seems to have different dimensions to the black one (been longer and drawn out). Noticed when trying to take my design across to the white template.
Is it ok if i still used the original template posted?

The dimensions are in the same ratio as the old one. It’s just a slightly bigger overall image. Now that we’ve changed the template, you’re going to have to use the current one. Sorry about that.

Are we using the existing template or are we waiting for another??
Cheers