The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Graphic Design Contest

So pumped. Interested to see the full details and what the guidlines/rules are. Already made up 2 designs to get my skills warmed up . One I actually want as my board! haha cool grin

Mine is starting to take shape… though I think I am going to have to make a few before I am happy with one design.

Did a really decent job of a lightning bolt in photoshop for the bottom of the board but I don’t know if I’d like to flip my board up and see that at the moment lol.

Where’s a good template to download????

I have got Ps and Ai, but never really used them much!!!!! I’d love to tinker with em!!!!

THESEBOARDS ARE AWSOME good designes i wont 1 grin

Box Head - 27 June 2011 02:55 AM

Design a snowboard. Win a Chemical Storm Octorocker. Details coming soon.

This is the board up for grabs…

Chemical Storm Skullteeth Octorocker

If we win, could it be possible to make a board with our graphic on it? I know the Signal guys make a Every Third Thursday board with custom graphics each time, not sure how much harder it would be for CS?

I doubt it but who knows what happens. Jeff will be keeping a close eye on this contest and he will be picking the winner. Whatever happens is his call. I’ll mention the idea to him though.

Was just a thought, figured as it is his contest, all entries can be “used” by Chemical Storm as graphics. I thought by sponsoring this comp, they get a free board design from the winner, the winner gets are free board… But again it is all up to Jeff and the awesome gang at CS smile

I’ve been trying to make things that look good all day but they are always too much solid colour…

And I’m not good enough with a pencil and paper to put the damn thoughts in my head onto something cool :(

Got ideas but I can’t seem to make them a reality at the moment. Might have to find another way to do this…

Will there be a limit on how many designs we can submit?

i have an idea, i used the same idea for a major art work at high school. the art teacher hated it cause it wasnt “art” in her eyes…every one else loved it haha

deanobruce - 28 June 2011 08:45 AM

i have an idea, i used the same idea for a major art work at high school. the art teacher hated it cause it wasnt “art” in her eyes…every one else loved it haha

Your avatar is art… and she probably would have hated that as well… raspberry

that is her….

blizzard_22 - 28 June 2011 08:44 AM

Didn’t even think of that. I’ll speak to Jeff and maybe we’ll allow more than one entry.

rider26 - 28 June 2011 08:49 AM
blizzard_22 - 28 June 2011 08:44 AM

Didn’t even think of that. I’ll speak to Jeff and maybe we’ll allow more than one entry.

I would say 2 or 3 as a max. Gives people more than 1 chance (and therefore more cool entries) but also limits people from flooding the comp. smile

I was wondering that. Was hoping multiple entries