The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Favourite snowboard films and film parts.

i have a lot of favourite parts from a lot of films, tonight i was going back through some vids i had not watched in a while…remembering what got me stoked when i was not on the hill….analyising different riders lines/tricks etc. i have too many too mention but i watched this funny short again tonight from 91 words for snow Blank Paper Hate trailer…..jeremy jones the jibber….classic line
it got me thinking about how much damn fun this activity is, and once again…itching to go riding

so what are your standout films or parts from over the years…stuff you can watch again and again and never get tired of….

There are many, but a few that pop straight into my head…

Jeremy Jones in Shakedown
Jussi Oksanen in Afterbang
Travis Parker in Afterbang
David Benedek in Lame
Travis Rice in POP
Torstein Horgmo in Aesthetica

Ahhh so many… I’m sure I will add more later.

A couple more to add…

Simon Chamberlain in Mtn Lab
MFM in More

My favourite is Pony Tale. Seeing Hampus and Jakob do their thing. smile

My favorite(s), at least the first couple that come to my mind, are:

Nico Mueller in Futureproof
Gigi in Futureproof (the 100 foot+ fall in Alaska)
Gigi in More (the fall off the cliff in Utah)

Haven’t seen too many but I love That’s It, That’s All and First Descent.

The tricks TRice does in that film are incredible, not to mention the cinematography!!! It’s my ultimate pump up movie for travelling (Although would be happy for someone to lead me to other titles) and that final sequence in FD with Terje… Breath taking!!!

That’s it, that’s all felt more like an addy for New Zealand, take about stunning cinematography, for some reason I remember that part, and not Travis Rice’s riding.

worldtripper - 10 July 2009 01:53 PM

That’s it, that’s all felt more like an addy for New Zealand, take about stunning cinematography, for some reason I remember that part, and not Travis Rice’s riding.

The locations they shot at were breath taking, since I’m going to NZ this movie really pumped me up for the time of my life over there, it looks stunning!

All the Robot Films stuff.  They truly capture what snowboarding is all about - riding with friends and fun!  The DC movies are similar.
MDP’s Follow Me Around is just all-round awesome.
Forum’s True Life.
Absinthe’s More for all the powpow, but anything of theirs is good.
That’s It That’s All for the cinematography and of course the riding was a step above again.
Let It Ride, the Craig Kelly doco, was inspiring and really well done.  Shame about the sad ending.

There will be more that come to mind but that’s off the top of my head.

Thanks Brain and Stack Footy from Think Thank films… amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEqxdeyqAqE

unreal ... new snowboarding.

Just watched pony tale again…. Freakin rad stuff

I really liked Forum - That for the same reason as one of the above ones - it just portrayed the bunch of guys having a great time shooting a movie kind of thing, without taking itself too seriously…even though it came out as a really polished product…

And That’s it That’s All…again for the breathtaking scenes in NZ and Alaska…along with the riding…

I did enjoy Thanks in Advance and It’s Always Snowing Somewhere too…particularly (and as much as I would like to say I enjoyed the SH disc more) the NH disc…

And the first DC Mtn Lab…mainly for wishing I could emulate the “through the house” scene…

That’s about all I can think of at the moment…and given that it’s 3am and I just got home from work I think its time to go to bed…

so many cool parts already mentioned! 
Jussi’s part in double decade (eero and heikki also deserve a mention).
Robotfood films, my order would be afterbang, afterlame, lame in that order, this could almost be a thread question of itself but perhaps there aren’t enough people that have seen all three?
Romain de marchi in vivid, honerable mention freddi kalbermatten.
For me its gotta be dope riding with a dope tune as well!

thanks brain stuff is also dope, oh and almost forgot, jason murphy’s section in shrediquette, so dope, tune and off axis spins just killin it!

There are so many parts i haven’t mentioned!!!!  damn one more i have to mention, eiki helgason in ‘no correct way’ the rome team movie from last year.

Aidy - 11 July 2009 09:09 PM

so many cool parts already mentioned! 
Jussi’s part in double decade (eero and heikki also deserve a mention).
Robotfood films, my order would be afterbang, afterlame, lame in that order, this could almost be a thread question of itself but perhaps there aren’t enough people that have seen all three?
Romain de marchi in vivid, honerable mention freddi kalbermatten.
For me its gotta be dope riding with a dope tune as well!

thanks brain stuff is also dope, oh and almost forgot, jason murphy’s section in shrediquette, so dope, tune and off axis spins just killin it!

There are so many parts i haven’t mentioned!!!!  damn one more i have to mention, eiki helgason in ‘no correct way’ the rome team movie from last year.

i’m not a huge rails fan…but the stuff in ponytale was pretty amazing…as tech as it gets!

also in vivid, romains part…what board is he on? i know it’s mostly a seven…but some shot’s he is on a pink topsheeted deck similar to his later pink uninc…anyone know?

91 Words for snow
In Short
Gap Sessions

(yep like David Benedek stuff)

i love the bits when they are just shreading up the resort as a crew the best

Mtn Lab 1.5 - Eddie Wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favourite movie recently is: Standard Films - Aesthetica

Best part for me is Mark Landvik and also Torstein Horgmo’s top to bottom run at Northstar Park CA.