The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Favourite snowboard films and film parts.

Banger - 11 July 2009 11:36 PM
Aidy - 11 July 2009 09:09 PM

so many cool parts already mentioned! 
Jussi’s part in double decade (eero and heikki also deserve a mention).
Robotfood films, my order would be afterbang, afterlame, lame in that order, this could almost be a thread question of itself but perhaps there aren’t enough people that have seen all three?
Romain de marchi in vivid, honerable mention freddi kalbermatten.
For me its gotta be dope riding with a dope tune as well!

thanks brain stuff is also dope, oh and almost forgot, jason murphy’s section in shrediquette, so dope, tune and off axis spins just killin it!

There are so many parts i haven’t mentioned!!!!  damn one more i have to mention, eiki helgason in ‘no correct way’ the rome team movie from last year.

i’m not a huge rails fan…but the stuff in ponytale was pretty amazing…as tech as it gets!

also in vivid, romains part…what board is he on? i know it’s mostly a seven…but some shot’s he is on a pink topsheeted deck similar to his later pink uninc…anyone know?

Agreed on Romains part in Vivid… Amazing! And edited so well to Paranoid Android too…

I remember reading something about the pink board in an interview he did a long time ago. It was just a one off I think, a full pink topsheet with a cartoon c0ck on the tail…

Shredlife - 11 July 2009 01:50 AM

Thanks Brain and Stack Footy from Think Thank films… amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEqxdeyqAqE

unreal ... new snowboarding.

That was fun!
What video was this and who were some of the riders?

“Simple Pleasures”
“That”
I really liked the part of “91 Words for Snow” i saw.

And the first snowboard video i ever bought and must have watched 100 times.
“Upping The Ante”

snowslider - 14 July 2009 12:43 AM
Shredlife - 11 July 2009 01:50 AM

Thanks Brain and Stack Footy from Think Thank films… amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEqxdeyqAqE

unreal ... new snowboarding.

That was fun!
What video was this and who were some of the riders?

@snowslider: here’s his part from this years Think thank - stack footy   -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4WVfq96icM ... anyway yeah watch both Thanks Brain (2008) and STack Footy(2009) to see unreal riding from Scott Stevens, Jesse Burtner, Aaron Visconti, Johnny Miller and other wickkkked riders

Whilst not quite a snowboard part, certainly one of the most inspiring bit of footage I have seen was from Warren Millers flim “Impact” (from 2005 I think it was). The scene was based around some people skiing “Snorkel Deep” in Steamboat Springs in Colorado (ie. one of the skiers was wearing a snorkel).

+1 had been telling me how incredible the snow was in Colorado, but I kept telling her “nah nah - Niseko is where it’s at”......however seeing the snorkel footage made sit up and take note…....add Coldplay’s “Shiver” playing in the background during the scenes, it convinced me that Colorado was the place I had to snowboard at next - we have been back every year since. Even thinking about that scene now gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling :D

This threads been dead for a couple of years….

What about some updates? Snowboarding progresses so rapidly… What full length vids have you seen in the last couple of years that you’d rave about to all your mates?

What got you fired up and inspired for the season ahead?

O_o