The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

noobs stack in front of jumps why?

^Right on! My rule is; unless you are crippled, crawl your ass to the side (better still, crawl to outside the park - keep the stats down).

Dont get me wrong i agree with moving out of the way as quickly as possible, but some people aren’t that bright

but the rider above is responsible for the rider below no matter what their actions are.

and this talk about “giving them a scare” i think is pretty arrogant & stupid

maybe instead of yelling out to the the “clear the &*&*%% way you *&*&tard;” you could politely slide down & check if they are ok and instruct them to move away. maybe give them some tips on hitting jumbs/features/boxes etc

spread the snow love!!

ollie

Caboose - 29 June 2011 02:48 AM

frustrates me more seeing “experienced” or better riders dropping early when others are already waiting for beginners to clear the way

IMO we wait far too long in Aus.. Weekends at Perisher Main Park the queue is regularly 15+ long. A lot more riding could be getting done if we speed up the dropping in rate.

I don’t wait for the guy in front to land and clear, I drop in when they are a few meters short of the first hit. I keep my eye on them; if they fall (or even look like falling) I abort. 9 times out of 10 no probs.

Whats with all the waiting at the top anyways?  Fashion parade methinks…

i agree with both viewpoints. I think common sense is key

chucky - 27 June 2011 02:05 AM
Caboose - 26 June 2011 11:18 PM

everyone was a noob once

ever thought of waiting for them to clear before ya drop??

seriously they have as much right to the park as you do

It appears you’ve missed the point.

Nobody’s objecting to people having a go, no matter what their level of expertise. Nobody’s objecting to them stacking - everybody does it. However, problems arise when people selfishly ignore the simple rule that if you stack, you should move out of the way as quickly as possible - and never should you stop (or slow down) and block the entrance or exit to a hit. It’s just common courtesy.

nope didn’t miss the point

frustrates me more seeing “experienced” or better riders dropping early when others are already waiting for beginners to clear the way

may because they are “noobs” they don’t have the skillz or they are hurt/shocked too much to get out of the way as quickly as “you” like

Yep, you missed the point.

There’s no “as quickly as ‘you’ like” - there’s just, as I said before, “as quickly as possible”. That may be a short time, or a longer time - but as long as it’s “as quickly as possible” it’s all good. Disregarding such a simple act of common courtesy is both selfish and rude - and also demonstrates a disturbing lack of common sense. This is no experienced/beginner concept, it’s just basic good manners - and as it’s always been with road rules, ignorance is no excuse.

i was at perisher 2 days ago and i saw skiers hitting the last jump on front valley which is a so called 40ft but they had no speed and was landing on the flat b4 the knuckle, about 7 of them there were doing the same thing and taking ages to move out of the way! was the funniest thing to watch but alot of the park rats were going crazy!

im here for the fun and if lines/waits are too long go somewhere else i guess but im one of the park rats with patience i guess smile

chucky - 29 June 2011 12:46 PM
chucky - 27 June 2011 02:05 AM
Caboose - 26 June 2011 11:18 PM

everyone was a noob once

ever thought of waiting for them to clear before ya drop??

seriously they have as much right to the park as you do

It appears you’ve missed the point.

Nobody’s objecting to people having a go, no matter what their level of expertise. Nobody’s objecting to them stacking - everybody does it. However, problems arise when people selfishly ignore the simple rule that if you stack, you should move out of the way as quickly as possible - and never should you stop (or slow down) and block the entrance or exit to a hit. It’s just common courtesy.

nope didn’t miss the point

may because they are “noobs” they don’t have the skillz or they are hurt/shocked too much to get out of the way as quickly as “you” like

Yep, you missed the point.

There’s no “as quickly as ‘you’ like” - there’s just, as I said before, “as quickly as possible”. That may be a short time, or a longer time - but as long as it’s “as quickly as possible” it’s all good. Disregarding such a simple act of common courtesy is both selfish and rude - and also demonstrates a disturbing lack of common sense. This is no experienced/beginner concept, it’s just basic good manners - and as it’s always been with road rules, ignorance is no excuse.

Jokes!!

i think u need to hit bigger jumps - dont see many noobs hitting 40+fters

/jokes

thats all well and good, but what about rails/boxes?

Keep in mind most riders and skiers on the hill dont get to ride as much as we do. It is obvious that they dont have the same skill level at times as well. It is hard time after time to be the guy teaching the newer ones about etiquette, but someone has to do it. We dont want to risk injuring ourselves or anyone else… it just isnt worth it.

Next time, send a buddy or another kid riding by down to tell them to move and emphasize the safety and awareness that they arent the only sliders on the hill. Ignorance (not knowing) is usually the reason they don things that they do… For those of us that understand it seem ridiculous to us… but to them, they just dont know what they dont know. Until we teach them.

If you MUST hit the jump. Send another rider down the get them to MOVE. and be sure to explain why you want them to move.

I must say in all this since I have only started thinking about the terrain park I wouldn’t be going anywhere near the park if it was busy. Just for the reason that I wouldn’t wanna hold people up.

snowslider - 08 July 2011 03:19 AM

Keep in mind most riders and skiers on the hill dont get to ride as much as we do. It is obvious that they dont have the same skill level at times as well. It is hard time after time to be the guy teaching the newer ones about etiquette, but someone has to do it. We dont want to risk injuring ourselves or anyone else… it just isnt worth it.

Next time, send a buddy or another kid riding by down to tell them to move and emphasize the safety and awareness that they arent the only sliders on the hill. Ignorance (not knowing) is usually the reason they don things that they do… For those of us that understand it seem ridiculous to us… but to them, they just dont know what they dont know. Until we teach them.

If you MUST hit the jump. Send another rider down the get them to MOVE. and be sure to explain why you want them to move.

if ppl are lining up in the park, im sure no one is going to volunteer to miss the first feature just to tell a noob to get out of the way!?

blizzard_22 - 08 July 2011 07:11 AM

I must say in all this since I have only started thinking about the terrain park I wouldn’t be going anywhere near the park if it was busy. Just for the reason that I wouldn’t wanna hold people up.

Stuff that blizz!!!!! You paid ya way just like everyone else!!!!!

Just drag yaself out of the way if ya have a fail!!!!!!

I have honestly not seen that many people sittin in front of or behind many features anyway!!!!! Especially in the parks!!!!!

You do get people that ride/ski near entry/exit to natural features though!!!!! Just bypass and get it next time!!!! No biggy!!!!

snowslider - 08 July 2011 03:19 AM

Right on! I know some people think being a noob is no exuse but they’ll never learn if someone doesn’t tell them. And while people might be dark, there’s no reason to be a douche, unless they are repeat retards smile

Mizu Kuma - 09 July 2011 12:10 AM
blizzard_22 - 08 July 2011 07:11 AM

Stuff that blizz!!!!! You paid ya way just like everyone else!!!!!

Just drag yaself out of the way if ya have a fail!!!!!!

I have honestly not seen that many people sittin in front of or behind many features anyway!!!!! Especially in the parks!!!!!

You do get people that ride/ski near entry/exit to natural features though!!!!! Just bypass and get it next time!!!! No biggy!!!!

Hell no!! Im not gonna let someone that is better then me have all the fun in the park, dont let that hold ya back… I just go straight up and go for it! maybe stand back if there is a crew to let them go together, but besides that GO FOR IT!!!!