The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Short Film Contest - SNOW 2011

WINNERS:

The winner of the 2011 Short Film Contest is tomstott for the film titled ‘For’.

Congratulations! Here are some of the comments from our judges:

“I love this video for its high production value and storyline”

“The opening section is definitely a stand-out… snowboarding without the snow- fun, creative idea!”

“FOR, simple idea but executed perfectly, expecially the shots in the park of the little ledge, plus loads of production quality.”

The runner up is Mitch(BHK) for the film titled ‘BHK - Bringing Colour To The Valley’.

Congratulations to both our winners. Please contact promo(at)boardworld.com.au to claim your prizes.

Congrats to both winners! I don’t envy the judges - 2 sweet films there! Heaps of creativity and great edits.

Question for tomstott - what length glidetrack do you have? I’m thinking about getting a 75cm one.

Well done guys!!!!!  shaka

I agree with ya bish, that one would’ve been so bloody hard to pick!!!!!!

Thank you Boardworld, the judges and anyone who viewed and commented on my video.  Much love to you all.

Mitch, good work mate.  You have some solid editing skills.  Thought you may have just beaten me in the end.

Well done, Tom. Great effort there. Loved your video as well, Mitch. shaka

I am so stoked I don’t have to judge these things.

bish - 31 October 2011 03:19 AM

Congrats to both winners! I don’t envy the judges - 2 sweet films there! Heaps of creativity and great edits.

Question for tomstott - what length glidetrack do you have? I’m thinking about getting a 75cm one.

Thanks bish.  I have the 50cm Glidetrack.  I was thinking about getting the 75cm one but chose the 50cm one beacause it fits in my backpack.  It really came down to the ease of carrying it around as 75cm is quite big.  You can still get some quality dolly shots from a 50cm track even though its not very long.  The effectiveness really comes down on how you compose your shot and how close object are in the foreground.  Also another thing to think about is if you plan to mount a 75cm long Glidetrack on top of a tripod, it’s pretty likely you will get some wobble when you get close to the ends as the track will be cantilevered a fair bit.  But if you are using a light handy cam type of camera you might get away with it.  If you don’t have a complete set up (i.e. tripod, tripod head etc) Glidecam have some good package deals which you might want to check out.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info - your glidetrack is the SD I’m guessing? I’d be putting a 7D and a 1D on mine, so looking at the HD for a bit more support.

Yeah I have the Shooter SD model (which also converts to a very basic shoulder mounted rig).  Always get the HD model if you have the money to spend.  I use a 7D as well so you should be sweet.

congrats tom!

Well done guys! Would of been so hard to choose a winner!