The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hotham 2011

ok, maybe three posts red face
Skiing buddy wink LOL

Good backdrop

Drop in for some shots.

Then hike back up

Heading back now off the snow.

By the time we were almost back, sunlight was almost gone besides a pretty orange glow

Back at the cars to finish off!

Another thing that went wrong is when we were tree cutting, my mate lost his iphone on the 4x4 track . We spent a few hours trying to find it in the dark but no luck. Fortunately today he msgd me and managed to find it today (Wednesday).
Got back to my car, we went to Bright for dinner and had a parma. Left my car in Bright and drove to Wangaratta where we were offered a warm house. Next day we drove back to Bright grabbed my car and continued onto Mt Beauty where we went paddling. I will leave the padding story for another post once I get all the photos and the GoPro footage of my mate.
I have to say I have loads of respect to those riders who are always hiking in back country. I wasn’t even in super trying conditions, and I consider myself rather fit, but it was exhausting carrying gear and hiking then riding!
Thank to everyone who I spent this weekend with. Was a ripper start to the season.
cool smile
K2_SCS

Awesome report dude !!!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

I told you to watch out, there would be heaps of police out !!!!!!!!

So how long did it take from when you started walking to back to the 4x4’s?

So far you are winning the TR Comp, hands down shaka

Thanks Azz shaka
I cant remember times or distances. I’ll msg my mate and find out for you.

For us it was 4.5km (guesstimate) from the end of the 4x4 track where we parked the cars. From today onwards its approx 7km as the gate is closed for winter. I;d say we were hiking at bout 10.45-11am (again, guessing). and went up and back and got back at sunset/dusk.
It is depending on conditions and your group size.
From the South Razorback it is a longer trek, I think 12km out. So definately need to start waking/skiing nice n early for that one.

Nice pic’s K2 cheese

Spewin about ya mates phone, what a bummer, i’ve always wanted to to back country…

He went back up yesterday and found it luckily. It was 10cm from the 4wd tyre track. So lucky he found it and lucky we didnt run it over

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 16 June 2011 02:36 AM

He went back up yesterday and found it luckily. It was 10cm from the 4wd tyre track. So lucky he found it and lucky we didnt run it over

Just shows that Warren didn’t really read the whole thing K2!!!!!

It’s not a reflection on ya TR as such, just a great example of why ya never let Warren in ya front door!!!!! Even if the weather is bad outside, or there’s like a serial killer on the loose in ya street even!!!!!

LOL

I have to say there wasnt much “riding” I’d love to go back in better conditions and camp on the summit and do some runs high up in the big gullys and some nice spines. But need lots more snow.

Awesome TR K2! Good stuff! smile
Bugger about the fine! Naughty teacher boy! Tsk Tsk wink

We went out across the Razorback in Summer, left at 11:00am back at 6:30pm Big day out, there was 9 in our group.

Would love to tackle it in winter for sure. Just gotta get the right conditions.

Snow shoes or skiis with skins are a must. If really bad take an ice axe.

Split Board cheese

Got one? Jealous.
Inwanna get the new k2 panoramic split board. Comes as a full set already made up with volie gear

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 16 June 2011 11:48 AM

Got one? Jealous.
Inwanna get the new k2 panoramic split board. Comes as a full set already made up with volie gear

What’s “volie” gear???? (At work, shit phone net)