The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

2009 SoHe Photography Contest

A couple more…

Hotham - June 20

Buller - June 17

snowslider - 08 July 2009 01:50 AM

For the contest, are we supposed to be voting?
Is everyone encouraged to vote, or could it only be those with mod access to the mod forum.
Is that a good idea?
Os possibly there is already a group of members selected to be the judges?

The final vote at the end of the season will be a public vote. For now I will keep the weekly voting to moderators only. Please drop your votes for photo of the week in the moderator area.

Photobucket

The little one on his first attempt to jump.

Perisher Cetre Valley 7/7/09

Buller - June 13th

June 20th - Mt Perisher and Front Valley

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rocky Knolls - Falls Creek 5/7/09

50 minute hike up, under 2 minutes down smile

rider26 - 05 July 2009 04:57 AM

Originally posted by Skiing makes me Bored:

Desperate times call for desperate measures (my season hasn’t started yet)

CLASSIC !!!

It was a whole lot harder to balance than I thought it would be.
You have to land right in the middle of the tramp or risk going into the grass head first.

Anyone else done it before?

Skiing makes me Board - 10 July 2009 03:53 AM

It was a whole lot harder to balance than I thought it would be.
You have to land right in the middle of the tramp or risk going into the grass head first.

Anyone else done it before?

Yeah, we taped up the edges on the board though so we didnt slice through the tramp mat.

I did a few weeks training on the tramp using an old skatey deck with sandshoes taped to it. It’s not a sboard, didn’t do that as wanted an intact tramp.

just got back after 3 days at the snow, 2 at falls creek and 1 at hotham,
the weather was just perfect, couldn’t have asked for better!
here just one photo taken when i was up there

What I like about that picture, is that the bottom half of the pic, is a perspective we have all seen before, but what is beyond the edge of the board is really what matters / what makes the difference!

NICE

Its a shame those two randoms are right in front of the board tho.

Thank you to everyone who entered this week. Myself and the moderators have chosen two winners from this week. We will be picking two winners every week. The winners will be published onto the homepage later today and are in the running for the prize pack. There were a lot of good photos, and it was hard only choosing two. We all voted for our top three… check it out later today to see if you’ve won. The new week starts now… good luck!

I would have thought I was trippin ilovepowder, accept for kasto’s post. What happened? You should have just reentered it for this week without the randoms.