The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Yes Basic Snowboard Binding combination

Hi guys, looking at upgrading to the Yes Basic 2017 but not sure whats the best binding combination would be. Looking at the Flux RK.
Boarding experience in Japan and NZ. Will be heading back to Japan and canada in the near future.
Any input would be great. Currently have M3 pivot bindings on a M3 board hence the upgrade. Would M3 pivot bindings work on the Yes Basic?
Thanks

Hey Pat, welcome to BW!!!!!

What type of riding, and whereabouts do you spend most of your time?????

Do you prefer a locked in responsive stiffer feel, or a loose forgiving one?????

Hey Mizu, cheers for the quick response. Mostly off piste riding with a bit of freestyle from natural jumps. Spent a lot of time at Cortina and Tsugaike in Japan. Not really park orientated but wouldnt mind giving it a shot down the road.

Probably leaning towards a looser feel as my current setup is quite stiff.

Cheers

In that case, the Flux RK would be sweet for a real loose ride, although I’d take a good look at the DS as while it has a soft lateral flex from nose <> tail, it still keeps a lot of edge response, so it’ll be a better all mountain feel!!!!!

Coming from a stiff setup it might be a shock, as the Basic has a softer flex pattern already!!!!! Personally (As I also like a stiffer feel) I’d bolt on a pair of TT’s for a great all rounder!!!!!

Hope this helps?????

Welcome to Boardworld, @Pat B! ?

I would also suggest considering the Flux DS. Personally, this would be my pick. They are one of my favourite bindings in the range. You’ll get more performance out of them and they are super comfortable with high-end materials. You can get a great deal on the 2016 model now on sale.

If you’re tossing up between the RK and the TT, I would go for the TT, again for the performance reasons. As Mizu suggested, this will give you a nice all-round setup. The RK is a nice binding, but quite flexy, and more suitable to straight-up park riding for those who want a forgiving setup.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks guys for the responses. Appreciate a heap. Looking towards the Flux DS I think. Will be in touch shortly. Cheers

You’ll love that combo!!!!! @Pat B ??