The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Which binding?

Hi,

I’m after people’s thoughts on what bindings I should buy? I’ve currently ride a Forum Doubledog 152cm with Ride Tomcat bindings. I ride park mainly when there isn’t any pow, but do cruise around the hill. Won’t he riding overseas anytime soon.

I’m thinking of get a binding with more flex and looking at Flux RK or Team bindings. I’m leaning towards RKs as they are cheaper, but concerned they might be too soft.

I only ride 6 days or so these days a season compared to 30+ when I bought my tomcats.

Open to other brands, but don’t want to spend more than $400, if I can help it.

Cheers,

Welcome to Boardworld, @Washed Up!

The RK is a quality, good value binding—however, it’s on the soft side as you pointed out. This will suit some riding styles, not others. If you are worried it’s too soft, I would suggest stepping up to the Flux RL binding, which is a bit stiffer than the RK, and also under $400 with member discount.

Another binding I would recommend at this price point is the Now IPO. In my opinion, they are just about the best value-for-money bindings under $400. Skate-Tech is incredible technology. I wrote a review on the 2014 model which explains Skate-Tech in detail. The bindings you see listed on our site are a combination of 2015 models (on sale) and the 2016 model (not on sale but only $360 for members). If you’re looking for a great binding and serious value for money, I’d steer you towards the 2015 sale IPO. Can’t beat it at that price.

Flux RL or Now IPO would be my recommendations. I hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice Rider 26. I dropped $850 on a new surfboard today, so the Tomcats will have to last another season.

Hopefully after all has been said and done the damage to the snowpack is too bad come Thursday. Fingers crossed.

No worries at all, @Washed Up. ?