The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Niseko 2017

It’s very amusing to watch people slipping and sliding around!!!!! ??

Especially the ones that choose not to spend 500 yen for a pair of spikes!!!!!

And let us know how the new boots go????? @LMB

Will do!

Because they are a brand new technology just released this NH season I’ll definitely take the time to review them.

Hopefully not from Kutchan Hospital wink2

LMB - 10 December 2016 03:46 PM

Hopefully not from Kutchan Hospital wink2

It’ll make for an easy decision for me though!!!!! ?

Mizu Kuma - 08 December 2016 11:21 AM

I’ll never forget one night when we got off the Snow Festival Bus, we were walking down Hirafu Zaka and from out of a driveway came these Nordic guys that were clearly pissed as parrots!!!!!

One guy has hit a patch of ice and thought he’d get a closer look at it by lowering his skull to its surface!!!!!

The sound that the impact made will be forever in my memory!!!!! ?

Ah I actually wanna make it down to the festival this year, haven’t been yet! Is it a pretty long bus ride??

The Blind Kid - 13 December 2016 03:32 PM
Mizu Kuma - 08 December 2016 11:21 AM

I’ll never forget one night when we got off the Snow Festival Bus, we were walking down Hirafu Zaka and from out of a driveway came these Nordic guys that were clearly pissed as parrots!!!!!

One guy has hit a patch of ice and thought he’d get a closer look at it by lowering his skull to its surface!!!!!

The sound that the impact made will be forever in my memory!!!!! ?

Ah I actually wanna make it down to the festival this year, haven’t been yet! Is it a pretty long bus ride??

It’s a bit over 2 hours if my beer soaked memory recalls properly!!!!!

Just make sure ya rug up cause it’s freezin in Sapporo at night, and get ready to walk like a penguin in the crowds!!!!!

I guess it’s alright to go see, but once was enough!!!!!

Make sure ya go grab a bowl of Ramen from a little Izakaya while ya there!!!!! Just bail up a local and ask where there’s a good Ramen Shop!!!!!

Oops, double post!!!!! ?

Will get down to the snow festival at some stage, went a couple of years ago, have visitors that we would like to take and show them this year.

Anyone got info on the bus? as id rather get on the beers all day? other option is to drive and just stay in sapporo overnight / train there and back.

Chondro - 14 December 2016 12:05 PM

Will get down to the snow festival at some stage, went a couple of years ago, have visitors that we would like to take and show them this year.

Anyone got info on the bus? as id rather get on the beers all day? other option is to drive and just stay in sapporo overnight / train there and back.

There’s normally info up near the Welcome Center about all the bus trips etc!!!!! Pretty sure most are run by NGS (Niseko Ground Services)?????

Yeah, I’d stay overnight too, go hit Susikino and make a night of it!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 14 December 2016 01:43 PM

There’s normally info up near the Welcome Center about all the bus trips etc!!!!! Pretty sure most are run by NGS (Niseko Ground Services)?????

For sure, Might even make a trip of it n hit some resorts around the area

Chondro - 14 December 2016 01:57 PM
Mizu Kuma - 14 December 2016 01:43 PM

For sure, Might even make a trip of it n hit some resorts around the area

For sure, there’s some great resorts around the city!!!!!

I’d stay overnight also.
But check out accomodation now, I expect it’ll be hard to get.

LMB - 15 December 2016 04:37 PM

I’d stay overnight also.
But check out accomodation now, I expect it’ll be hard to get.

Most definitely!!!!!

Yuki Matsuri is a serious thing in Japan!!!!! Woulda been been solidly booked months ago I reckon?????

I’ve never been in a crowd like I have at the Sapporo Snow Festival!!!!! Even made Shinjuku Station feel kinda roomy!!!!! ?