The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Surfs up!

Depends how much preference you have to good surf and a lazy lifestyle.

Mountain climbing.

Flying.

Good driving.

Its 23 in the water - easily still boardies weather & maybe a springy if you’re a wuss.
I didn’t go out today though cos I’m a wuss. Tomorrow is the day though I think!

cords - 23 March 2011 11:56 AM

Its 23 in the water - easily still boardies weather & maybe a springy if you’re a wuss.
I didn’t go out today though cos I’m a wuss. Tomorrow is the day though I think!

Ahhh i couldnt frothing any harder than i am right now to get home!! Ive been wave deprived for months!! Bring on that 23 degree warm water swells!!

Holy sheet!!! I just saw some pics from aquabumps.com, Uge was out shooting at the deadly “Ours”... The east coast must be firing right now!!! Id give my left ....... to be home right now!! Ahhhh!!! Frothing much?? Hahaha

big surprise those waves look amazing!

jermey we should go for a surf sometime?

Mizu Kuma - 23 March 2011 10:24 AM

We got The Island, Mads, Suck Hole, Cowries, Pool Bombie, Red Sands, The Farm, Mystics, Bone Yard, The Wedge etc etc

We got a spit and fully stocked Beer Fridge at Mizu’s

We got the same cliffs

We got a Airport

We got the Pass

And we got ...

Nah! stuff that.

Listen to Mizu everyone, the surf is way better down his way. If you need directions to any of the waves he mentioned just ask here and I’ll be happy to tell you how to get to them and in what conditions they work. And Mizu loves to have as many people share his spot. If his van is parked at the break you’ll know the waves are pumping so head out there and make sure ya whole crew is in tow.

BTW Mizu your list covers about 50km. I could name that many waves within 2km of my local - within 10km we have 2 of NSW best. Not to mention the secrete spots that are to difficult to get too so you’ll be guaranteed a lone surf if your willing to hike a little. - not drive, hike!

LOL

Mizu Kuma - 24 March 2011 10:41 AM

NSW…............... Oh I live in Tasmania!!!!!

Where in Tas Mizu??

About 1,500km north of Shipsterns. Near W’Gong.

Moving this to Beaches and Travel. smile

spaz - 24 March 2011 07:10 PM

About 1,500km north of Shipsterns. Near W’Gong.

ill be sure to fly up to the gong next time down at shippies wink

Good waves yesterday, had a great time out the local down the south end.  Either my first or second wave got helped up in the lip and had to abondan the board for a foot first free fall into the falts and a bit of a beating.  Got a few ok ones and one super deep almost made barrel, that woulda made my week, as it was I got a little too deep and got a flogging.  I love waves breaking on reefs, just got so much more grunt!

You can have the gong and the shire, I’m happy with the northern beaches, a mate with a boat opens up a new world of possibilities including the longest left in Oz.

You can have the gong and the shire, I’m happy with the northern beaches, a mate with a boat opens up a new world of possibilities including the longest left in Oz.

Mate super lucky!!! Dont suppose ya need a driver??? Hahaha.

The Shire - ah hahaha
1 Beach and 5 surf spots means it’s not exactly a surf haven.
Gods country?????? No one would dare make that claim about the Shire.

I lived on the Nth Beaches for a summer, the only more densely surfer populated area I’ve been to is the Goldy - I never once had a lone surf. Even if I paddled out on a rainy wind blown day on a surfless beach within minuets someone would be following me or giving me a parking ticket for not paying to park in an empty car park!!!
City’s are full of sheep. (I know it’s not the city but most people there have city minds)

I had a boat and spent a lot of time in Pittwater and the Hawkesbury, the surf was never big enough to make the left work (not on the days I was up there anyway) I did surf Middle Heads once on a big day, alone. Love, Dee Why Point - but kept breaking fins on the jump rock!

I’ll keep my slice of gods country and it’s average of a surf spot every 500m over 10km. No boat needed, no car - surfboard under my arm, sand in my toes .....

Just ask Cords or Crackers they’ll deny it all wink