The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Winter swells!

Ok so with the changing of seasons, the temps cooling, the crowds no longer and the winds roaring… Who’s psyching for some solid swells down at their local beachie or reef this winter?? Well me for one!!

Just in the market for a new rubber (wetsuit boys and girls!!! Keep it clean!!)

I’ve been looking into the ripcurl e-bomb?? Anyone have it or had it?? Reviews?? Ive had a few ripcurl wetties and never been disappointed!

Anyway bring on the swell, get shacked on some drainers!! Hahah! Yeeww!! smile

Hey mate i’m keen as! pretty much going to be my first winter surfing!

I have a 3/2 e-bomb and i think its probably just as warm as my old 4/3 west. Plenty of stretch in it and nice a comfortable.  The chest zip was a little getting used to but i prefer it now! Have not worn it in winter though so i couldnt say if it will be warm enough (this is in tas though)

Heading to vic this weekend for future music festival and a bit of a surf on saturday. Stoked that it looks like there be some good waves!

Hey Maxwell!!

Cheers for the quick review! You mentioned your from tassie?? I grew up in tas!! Such a small world eh?? I grew up down in south arm surfing all the beachies down there.. Hahah crazzyy!! However ive been residing in sydney for the last 8 years or so, but been overseas for the last 2 and half

Anyway ill be sure to check out the e-bomb.. Yeeww!!

Keep ripping!!

Hahah awesome mate!

I haven’t spent a lot of time down at south arm as of yet but the surfs i have down there have been good! Keen to check it out more. I’m up north in Launceston so its a bit of a distance for a one day surf.  I end up surfing Tam O’Shanter a fair bit because its so close but get down the east sometimes also. Bass strait is a fickle beast!

winter owns summer…..less crowds…more swell…no bluebottles..etc etc….GO WINTER

I recently purchased a ripcurl f-bomb 4/3mm and i’m certainly loving winter a bit more now! Prior to that it was heaps too cold haha