The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Surfs up!

OMG the surf at bondi lately has been so gwd head down there when ever u can!!!

OMG I wish!! Ive been stuck in Italy for 6 months rahhhhh!! I saw a few pics today on Aquabumps.com.au.. Surf looks epic!! Not to fear thought ill be back home in a week!! Yeeww!!!

I’m up early trying to get out of hear and down the coast for a wave.

But with so much printing to get done for a meeting this morning there is no way it’s gonna happen.

Looks like the wind is going to pick up again until next week as well.

Ill be right there with ya spaz when i get home, sth coast missions, new steamer.. oh yes good good good good smile

No need for steamer yet, water should stay warm for a few weeks.

When ya back?

I miss surfing…  hmmm

spaz - 22 March 2011 08:15 PM

No need for steamer yet, water should stay warm for a few weeks.

When ya back?

Next friday!! Ive been on a global assault tour for the last 2 and a half years.. Cant wait to get home!!

Boardies or springy??

rider26 - 22 March 2011 08:20 PM

I miss surfing…  hmmm

I feel your pain rider, more than you know.. haha wink

How far south??

The ‘Gong is still around 20?,

I’ll normally stay in boardies and heavy long sleeve top until April. Haven’t owned a springy in years - the water temp seems to change so quick I go from steamer to boardies overnight.

Either depending on the wind and sunshine.

Autumn has kicked in - days are still topping 25 on the coast (+30 in C’town and cool at night) so the morning offshore is doing it’s thing until lunch time shaka

spaz - 22 March 2011 08:33 PM

How far south??

The ‘Gong is still around 20?,

I’ll normally stay in boardies and heavy long sleeve top until April. Haven’t owned a springy in years - the water temp seems to change so quick I go from steamer to boardies overnight.

Either depending on the wind and sunshine.

Autumn has kicked in - days are still topping 25 on the coast (+30 in C’town and cool at night) so the morning offshore is doing it’s thing until lunch time shaka

Ill head as far south as Ulladulla and as far north as Newy (for now) But ill be doing most of my surfing in Sydney. If the temp is still around 20-22 ill bust out the springy for sure.

Stoked about the offshore. ill have a bit free time on my hands when i get back so ill be sure to take advantage of those morning offshore winds! Yeeww!

surferguy56 - 22 March 2011 08:27 PM

I miss surfing…  hmmm

I feel the pain, even though I’m much closer than you guys it takes half a day to go for a paddle, and I’m doing it with this bung knee which aches for a day after - yeah, literally feeling the pain.

Your coming back at perfect timing!!!!

Statistically the next 8-10 weeks are the best most consistant good waves of the year for the east coast, and the wind is always offshore this time of year.

The only problem is all the pro’s travelling the coast between the Goldy and Bells. Easy to spot - little hire car piled up with 10 boards on the roof!!!! Yeah its Autumn on the east coast.

spaz - 22 March 2011 08:42 PM
surferguy56 - 22 March 2011 08:27 PM

I miss surfing…  hmmm

I feel the pain, even though I’m much closer than you guys it takes half a day to go for a paddle, and I’m doing it with this bung knee which aches for a day after - yeah, literally feeling the pain.

Sucks dood… Ive got the whole psychological thing going in.. Need salt water in my brain!! My last good surf was the Mentawai Islands last Oct!!! Arrghhh!!

you wont need steamer
but you will need your skills, tis big again today
the winds are straight offshore though!

so fresh ‘n’ so clean out Shellharbour(gods country)

gods country????

Your confusing your geology. It’s around 40km north. wink