The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s the best board and camber ????

rider26 - 15 December 2015 05:16 AM

Twin shape, though—so the actual outline shape won’t give you extra float (unlike a tapered shape or longer nose lengths). The Mountain Twin’s float comes from the directional CamRock and set back reference stance. All these things make it incredibly versatile.

Any board can be set back from the reference if you wish.

Yeah looks like the twin is a bit stiffer but of course more bidirectional. Soo many greta boards to choose from lol

K2_TeacherBoy - 18 December 2015 06:13 PM

K2 CarveAir - check out the Whitelines review of the board. I reckon it would be a ripper board for you!

Had a look at it. Its hard to come by and seems less versatile due to the flat rocker.

Austrian Surfer - 24 December 2015 11:19 AM

Yeah looks like the twin is a bit stiffer but of course more bidirectional. Soo many greta boards to choose from lol

Sometimes you have to go with your gut and just get whichever you’re most stoked on. If you’re stoked on it, and it’s the type of snowboard you need, you’ll probably end up loving it. wink

Finally managed to get to the shop and not explorer to look at but an aviator with 20% off. The board looks really nice but its traditional camber i believe and wouldn’t go as good in powder.

Anyone got any experience with Yes. I must admit i haven’t heard fomr them but form reviews and recommendations here (thanks jeremy) they are a great board. The optimistic was recommended but the PYL looks great too. But no stock damn.

PYL is more a straight line charger, so if ya want a more versitile do all board, maybe look at The Greats!!!!!

Austrian Surfer - 26 December 2015 06:27 PM

Finally managed to get to the shop and not explorer to look at but an aviator with 20% off. The board looks really nice but its traditional camber i believe and wouldn’t go as good in powder.

EX-SQUEEEEEZE ME??

BAKING POWDER????

Wouldn’t go as good in powder?!?! What would make you say that?Just the fact that it’s camber?

As an owner of an aviator I have to disagree.

Now, note that they say the aviator is the groomer killer, but I actually prefer to use it on trees, bowls and pow, which I have for part of the last 20 days boarding Whistler as well as last season when I was there for 27 days. As a matter of fact I used it when we had knee deep powder for 1/2 a day last season, and the S-scoop along with the set back stance CRUSHED it hard.

And note that I’m comparing it to 2 boards with radically different cambers, both directional:
The Bataleon Fun.kink with TBT/3DT, and a 2011 Rome Agent Rocker with rockered middle and cambered side (and this is my “do everything board,” if I’m unsure this is the one I bring.)

Just sayin’.

P.S. Anybody got that reference? =P

P.P.S. FYI from the stats alone, the Jone Aviator is the equivalent of the Burton Flight Attendant.

Also if you’re into your freeriding, then maybe look at the Now Drives. That’s what I use coupled with black bushings, which gives me the response of a more regular binding.