The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

390 Boss “Can’t in the back” question…

Hey guys! I have looked but can’t see this question being asked before so I’m throwing to the wisdom of BW cheese

Looked up the Rome site to educate myself on the Rome binding tech but the information is general across their binding range, nothing model specific.

If you follow the link below, under the “Can’t in the back” heading it clearly shows a highback perpendicular to the board in one image and in another image the highback angling back towards the riders body. However there seems to be no adjustment for this on the 390 Boss, only the option to rotate the highback.

http://www.romesnowboards.com/binding-tech/customization/

Just rotating the highback actually cants the highback the wrong way as it also pulls the fixing point down the frame as it rotates around.

If you go to the bindings manuals page (link below) there is a very helpful video there under the heading “Highback canting and rotation” (click on the image to play - it took me a while!) which shows me how to cant the highback on my 3 year old Mob Boss bindings but doesn’t apply to my new 390 Boss.

http://www.romesnowboards.com/binding-tech/manuals/

So, hopefully someone can point out out to me the bleeding obvious and this is still achievable because at the moment my binding angles are a mess and I can’t work out how to fix them.

Grateful for your time,
Ian.

I’m not a Rome user, so I’ve got no first hand experience!!!!!

But, as you say, does the 390 have the “I Can’t” feature?????

It looks pretty noticeable on the Mob as per video!!!!!

And if it doesn’t, I’m not sure what issue you’re havin?????

Maybe a couple pics of your bindings so we can see the issue?????

Hey Miz. Well that’s the question really mate, it appears I’m looking for something that’s not there. Which seems weird considering they’re a step up from the Mob Boss I believe…? Just want to know if it has this feature or not and if it does what am I missing?

Well, after a squiz at the Rome Website, I think I’ve solved the mystery for ya!!!!!

The only bindings in the range that you can cant the highback (“Can’t in the Back”), is the Katana, the Mob, and the Mob Boss!!!!!

So your 390’s only have the “I Can’t” Footbed!!!!!

Hope this makes sense?????

Mizu Kuma - 22 November 2015 03:37 PM

Well, after a squiz at the Rome Website, I think I’ve solved the mystery for ya!!!!!

The only bindings in the range that you can cant the highback (“Can’t in the Back”), is the Katana, the Mob, and the Mob Boss!!!!!

So your 390’s only have the “I Can’t” Footbed!!!!!

Hope this makes sense?????

Damn! And I looked so hard teacherboy ha ha ha!!

Thanks for your help Mizu! You’re a bloody legend!

I used them in NZ this year straight out of the box and they were really good but I thought there might be more to be gained from them. I’ll see how they go rotated and if I’m not a fan I’ll put them back to factory.  cool smile

thumbsup

I’ll be riding Rome 390 Boss bindings this season. Pretty excited to give them a solid shred. They will be on my new board (Rome Agent), so I’m just waiting for better snow cover before I start riding this setup.