The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Make your own snowboard.

Hello peeps,
Not sure if this is the right section or even allowed on Boardworld, ive asked a mod (me) and i seem to think its ok but im also not high enough in the pecking order to make the final call. Anyhow ill continue and if it needs to be moved than Im more than happy for it to be so.

Ive been toying for ages with the idea of making my own snowboard more specifically a powderboard. I love the Japanese Gentemsticks and Moss boards and the story behind the brands, and with Signals ETT and SpringBreak Snowboards  inspiring me even more so, I’ve started hunting out suppliers of the parts required and watched about 1000 youtube vids of guys making boards at home.
Sure the final product will have some flaws and might not even work but the idea of getting on the tools and cranking out a stick excites me more than some peoples love of bananas.

Ive found one website Snowboard Materials thats a one stop shop for everything you need for a board, theres probably others that a bit of googling will dig up and some parts that can be sourced here in australia as well. The price actually suprised me a little being a lot less than what I expected which would lessen the pain of a failed build.

Anyhow I plan on taking the plunge and ordering some stuff and I was just wondering if anyone else would be interested, we could maybe to a group buy and save on postage etc.

Stay Rad Peeps
Trent

Signals ETT where they build a board from all materials from a Bunnings type of store.

I think we’re going to run a contest soon to win one of the YES Clark DIY boards. I will expect an entry from you, Mr Radpants. thumbsup

rider26 - 03 October 2015 10:10 AM

I think we’re going to run a contest soon to win one of the YES Clark DIY boards. I will expect an entry from you, Mr Radpants. thumbsup

OHHHHHH shit yeah im ready for this!!