The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Good karma points

How to turn a frown upside down.

A staff member ordering error left us with $1k of cut up melons in excess (don’t ask!)
Feeling a whole lot better about the loss after giving it to Manna.
http://manna.org.au

LMB - 17 August 2015 08:58 AM
Tambo - 17 August 2015 07:34 AM

Can’t decide if this is good karma or bad karma.

coming off a lift yesterday, and a group of skiers standing right in the unload. Might have been able to nip around them, but the traffic from others unloading stopped that, and then another lass decided to ski right between them and the lift. and stop. Literally a board length from the bullwheel.
took out the whole group of them… whoops.

Assuming you weren’t hurt ...  LOL  evil  LOL  evil  LOL  evil

nope. and i confess I didn’t even feel bad… or say sorry, except in my head red face

Tambo - 17 August 2015 12:35 PM
LMB - 17 August 2015 08:58 AM
Tambo - 17 August 2015 07:34 AM

Can’t decide if this is good karma or bad karma.

coming off a lift yesterday, and a group of skiers standing right in the unload. Might have been able to nip around them, but the traffic from others unloading stopped that, and then another lass decided to ski right between them and the lift. and stop. Literally a board length from the bullwheel.
took out the whole group of them… whoops.

Assuming you weren’t hurt ...  LOL  evil  LOL  evil  LOL  evil

nope. and i confess I didn’t even feel bad… or say sorry, except in my head red face

I think as boarders we apologise too quickly most of the time.
I’m way too quick to say sorry - probably because I see it as a social lubricant rather than an admission of guilt, but I’ve had to stop myself from doing it because it’s taken as me claiming guilt in situations where I’ve been totally taken out by someone else!  EG: Got cleaned up by a skier from behind while getting out of my bindings/stationary in between the Gunbarrel lift and the ramp into the River Inn deck.  I had fully stopped and put my back/butt against the lift cattle gate (couldn’t get more out of the way) - reach down and undo the back binding and the next thing I knew I was on my butt, and the middle aged female skier was almost on the ramp (she hit me going fast).  I immediately got up, extended my hand to help her up and said ‘oh sorry, are you ok?’.  She shoved my hand away, said ‘fucking idiot snowboarders, of course I’m not’ .... Ooooookkkkkkkkk….. 
I’ll still ask if people are ok, but unless I’m actually at fault (haven’t been yet), I’m not saying sorry anymore!  In fact, in your circumstance I’d probably have asked if they were ok and then said ‘you just can’t stand on the off ramp guys, I had no where to go, no option but to hit you, keep it clear hey, someone might get hurt next time.’

I hear ya. My first concern was that they were ok, then quickly realsed it was my butt the next group of the chair were aiming for. By the time I was out of the way, abuse was flying and I just wasn’t going there.

I remember one time comin into Gunbarrel, and as I’ve slid into the entrance gates I’ve bent down to unbuckle the back foot!!!!!

This wanker on skis clips me in the ear, his mates by his side on the other cattle runs, neither of them stop to get the okay from the lifty to chair up next!!!!!

So, the Good Samaritan that I am, without a word I pack a baseball size spring snowball, and get the idiot fair in the back of the neck!!!!!

The idiot didn’t even work out where it’d come from, cause while I was waitin for home to turn around so I could give him the old “Yeah, that was me” Stare Down, he looked side to side as if it’d come from one of the liftys that were loadin the chairs!!!!!

It did however get the attention of one of the liftys, which in return received a laugh and a big thumbs up from him!!!!!

No kidding, if there’s a douche bag to be found on the snow, it has to be a skier!!!!! * Not that all Skiers fall into this category!!!!!

Tambo - 17 August 2015 04:20 PM

I hear ya. My first concern was that they were ok, then quickly realsed it was my butt the next group of the chair were aiming for. By the time I was out of the way, abuse was flying and I just wasn’t going there.

See…I reckon you’ve earned Karma points just for not decking them!
First, you cleared the ramp as a first priority (how many ppl DONT, errrmargerd!)
By then you were getting abused…what did they think you were going to do, ride the chair around the bullwheel because they were in the way?!  Jesus!
It’d be great if a few more lifties yelled at everyone who stopped in the ramping zones.  Some do, but not enough, so many people need edumacating about this.

LMB - 17 August 2015 04:41 PM
Tambo - 17 August 2015 04:20 PM

See…I reckon you’ve earned Karma points just for not decking them!
First, you cleared the ramp as a first priority (how many ppl DONT, errrmargerd!)
By then you were getting abused…what did they think you were going to do, ride the chair around the bullwheel because they were in the way?!  Jesus!
It’d be great if a few more lifties yelled at everyone who stopped in the ramping zones.  Some do, but not enough, so many people need edumacating about this.

I don’t care who’s standin in the way anymore!!!!! A loud “Hoy” followed by a friendly but straight up “Not the best place to stand there, guys”, has always got a sheepish “oh, sorry” response!!!!!

Yet to get a “f’off”, but happy to reciprocate when/if it happens!!!!!

One of my favourite things to do now, is the old snob off when you’re holdin a door open for someone to pass by you while you politely wait for them!!!!!

I can’t help but raise the voice with a “Don’t mention it”, in order for everyone in ear shot and beyond to see the look on the idiot’s face, once they realise how much of a pompous goose they are that they’ve been called out on!!!!!

Sorry for bringin negative vibes into a good karma thread!!!!!  zipper