The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Good karma points

What have you done to rack up some good karma points?

Jenna and I recently saved a guy from the creek in Smiggins that got blown back and got himself stuck. No-one else was helping and we dragged him out of some slushy water. Luckily my Drift was still on and caught the whole thing on video:

good to know there is still some good ppl left in this world thumbsupthumbsup

I love that you caught that all on camera!  thumbsup
Thanks for sharing.
I’ve found boarders to be very helpful in such situations, I reckon this thread could go big!  smiley

I’ll give you a giggle…
I love the whole pay it forward thing.  So I’ll often pay for the person behind me in the coffee drive thru or whatever.  But a few years ago grabbing a Maccas breaky at the drive thru in Cooma I decided it was the right time to spread some more happy happy joy joy snow time smiles, and paid for the order behind mine.

All good. 

Except it was the Ranger… And he followed my car with a suspicious scowl on his face all the way to Jindy!!

joy  wink2

LMB - 27 July 2015 09:41 AM

Except it was the Ranger… And he followed my car with a suspicious scowl on his face all the way to Jindy!!

That is hilarious!  LOL

LOL LMB that is hilarious!!! Great karma though, good on you!!!

bahaha… thought you were trying to bribe him or something xD

I recieved instand anit-karma points after the girls shred.

was following Air180, and McCrankypants out, got a call cus their car had stopped.
Pulled over to help, a mini bus pulled over as well and we pushed it off the road. Decided it was the fuel, so jumped back in my car to go get some… back end of the car slides into a ditch, and get stuck… :S
damn you anti-karma!
thankfully two guys in a hylux with a tow cable pulled over and got me out. So i could then go get fuel and (eventually, after some more dicking about) get Air and McCrankys car going…
Ended up going to the distillery after that with Air, McCranky and Blizz… turned out to be a rad arvo, after a shit morning.

Got it all on my dash cam… watched it… not very exciting… just me swaring, and people standing in front of the car.

It was such an awesome chilled out arvo huh shaka

DR1F7R - 27 July 2015 06:23 PM

was following Air180, and McCrankypants out, got a call cus their car had stopped.
Pulled over to help, a mini bus pulled over as well and we pushed it off the road. Decided it was the fuel, so jumped back in my car to go get some… back end of the car slides into a ditch, and get stuck… :S
damn you anti-karma!
thankfully two guys in a hylux with a tow cable pulled over and got me out. So i could then go get fuel and (eventually, after some more dicking about) get Air and McCrankys car going…
Ended up going to the distillery after that with Air, McCranky and Blizz… turned out to be a rad arvo, after a shit morning.

Got it all on my dash cam… watched it… not very exciting… just me swaring, and people standing in front of the car.

Sounds like you deserved extra karma points for that one!  thumbsup

It was kinda funny afterwards, more just annoying at the time. had to wait for ages for the fuel to warm up (it was due to not having alpine deisel) We were doing everything right… NRMA guy comes along… pretty much touches the car and it started xD

Have a good friend who’d been having some trouble with work, ex fiance, kids.
So got him a job here, at The Man.  He’s super stoked to be back in the snow.

Talked to him a lot about his money sitch and sounded like he’d never get his season pass or any ticket at all to ride.

He went away for his kids birthday for the weekend so thought it’d be a perfect time to do a small find raiser to get his season pass.

We ended up getting $850 over two days.
Meaning he’d have to put in $250 to get his ambassador pass.

Probably one of the nicest guys if ever met.
When we brought the money forward, words couldn’t explain how he looked. 
Brought a tear to my eye to see someone so appreciative.

Pretty stoked on such a good thing working out!

mattyp - 31 July 2015 01:17 AM

Have a good friend who’d been having some trouble with work, ex fiance, kids.
So got him a job here, at The Man.  He’s super stoked to be back in the snow.

Talked to him a lot about his money sitch and sounded like he’d never get his season pass or any ticket at all to ride.

He went away for his kids birthday for the weekend so thought it’d be a perfect time to do a small find raiser to get his season pass.

We ended up getting $850 over two days.
Meaning he’d have to put in $250 to get his ambassador pass.

Probably one of the nicest guys if ever met.
When we brought the money forward, words couldn’t explain how he looked. 
Brought a tear to my eye to see someone so appreciative.

Pretty stoked on such a good thing working out!

That’s awesome mattyp!

DR1F7R - 27 July 2015 06:23 PM

damn you anti-karma!

One of those times when all you could do was laugh at the situation. Ended up being a pretty sweet day in the end.

I reckon I’m due a bucket load of good karma after this week at work. I’d settle for a sleep in though.

We have a new girl at work who is really struggling to keep up. I am still new, only two months in, but I contracted in the business area a good 7-8 years ago. Yesterday she was in tears so I just grabbed a good 75% of her work and smashed it out for her. I didn’t have to do it, it could have waited till Monday or until people complained but eh, I’m happy to help when people are struggling.

I believe for my efforts I am getting cake on Monday BOOM!

Can’t decide if this is good karma or bad karma.

coming off a lift yesterday, and a group of skiers standing right in the unload. Might have been able to nip around them, but the traffic from others unloading stopped that, and then another lass decided to ski right between them and the lift. and stop. Literally a board length from the bullwheel.
took out the whole group of them… whoops.

Tambo - 17 August 2015 07:34 AM

Can’t decide if this is good karma or bad karma.

coming off a lift yesterday, and a group of skiers standing right in the unload. Might have been able to nip around them, but the traffic from others unloading stopped that, and then another lass decided to ski right between them and the lift. and stop. Literally a board length from the bullwheel.
took out the whole group of them… whoops.

Assuming you weren’t hurt ...  LOL  evil  LOL  evil  LOL  evil