The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Canadian Visa - Processing Times

furorsekka - 23 June 2015 10:13 AM
james88 - 21 June 2015 08:00 PM

Hey guys,

Wanted to pick your brains as to how long your Canadian visas have taken to be processed in your experience. I submitted my work permit application (the part using MyCIC) back on April 17th and still yet to hear back anything. I know waiting times can vary depending on the volume of applications etc but not sure how long I should give it until I make an inquiry (even if this is possible). Especially when the site is still advertising processing of 6 weeks.

I know that they’ll contact you whether you’ve been accepted or if there are any issues, but I’ve been checking the status of my application weekly and it hasn’t changed from this since like a week or so after I submitted my application

Should I just be patient and continue to wait it out?

Ps. New website is awesome Jez! Can’t wait to spend all the money I don’t have on some fresh gear!

James, just relax mine was like that for about 3 weeks then it went approved and I got issued with my letter. My girlfriend’s took 5 weeks and we lodged on the same day. I think it’s just where it sits in the queue, plus I think right now is probably the time where everyone is applying.

Did you get the letter when is was approved or did it take the letter longer to come through after it was approved? If so, do you remember how much longer?

thanks