The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Share your travel photos here

Some great photos being posted!

Jealous of your awesome Euro trip, Jez.

A few photos from Madrid, Spain.

rider26 - 28 June 2015 05:27 AM

A few photos from Madrid, Spain.

/snip

Love the look and style of old European cities. The amount of decorative additions and statues everywhere.

I’ve been to Sweden and the whole country is a mix of older stylish copper roofed buildings and very minimal modern buildings.

Yeah man, I love it too. We’ve seen some really awesome old cities so far. Spain was an absolute blast. I still owe you guys some photos from San Sebastian. But we are now in Bordeaux and we are heading into the beautiful vineyard the day after tomorrow. We are meant to be eating and drinking wine at a local castle or something. I’m not sure what to expect exactly but we’re excited. Will post some photos up in a few days!

San Sebastián, Spain

Gorgeous weather! That was one of the best things about travelling Europe, the weather seemed to always be nice! The only time it turned sour was in the Netherlands, but nothing worse than a little drizzle.

It’s been so hot since we arrived in Europe. For a good couple of weeks the temps were consistently in the mid 30s, even as high as 40 in Bordeaux. Today we are in Münster, Germany, visiting a friend from Whistler. It’s the first day we’ve had a bit of rain while we were out during the day. It was a pleasant change.

Bordeaux, France

Paris, France

Ooh this thread looks right up my alley! Some amazing photos already posted. I’ll have to be careful around here as it doesn’t take much for travel photos to suddenly turn into expensive purchases!

I’ll try to dig up some photos from Japan/NZ/North America shaka

Looking up at the sphinx from the shores of Gallipoli

August offensive commemorations Gallipoli

Willie Apiata, NZ’s only current surviving VC winner, at the NZ ceremony. They did the Haka at the end of the ceremony and it was absolutely amazing to watch from 1m away, one of the most emotional ceremony’s i have ever been to.

Istanbul

Amazing photos, Jake. Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to seeing your photos, Dave.

Naturally time has got away from me so I didn’t even get a chance to put a dent in my ever expanding lightroom catalog. I promised some photos so here’s a few I’ve managed to dig up (unfortunately I’ve just realised they are in 16x9 as I’d cropped them for use as my TV’s wallpaper so try to ignore that stuff has been cut off at the top and bottom!  shut eye)

Most you’ve probably already seen in the compressed square form on my instagram https://instagram.com/david.c13/

If/When I get around to it I’ll try to pick some good ones out from previous trips and add them here.

North America Dec-Jan 14/15

First Night in New York (Merica)

View into Chelsea from the highline

View from the top of the rock towards Central Park

View from top of the rock towards Times Square

Grand Central Station

Shot from Brooklyn side of the bridge

Could have stayed here all night

A huge dump of snow resulting in a different photo from the usual green grass of Arlington Cemetary

Washington DC

Vancouver lights

Whistler Lights

Green Lake

Grand Canyon

Vegas Baby!

Le Reve

Sunny Days in San Francisco

Golden Gate Bridge

New Zealand North Island June-July 2015
Auckland from the top of Mt Eden

Kite Kite Falls

Rotorua Museum

Back Beach and Paritutu Rock

Will have a look through my Japan and NZ South Island stuff soon.

Awesome photos Dave and Jake!

Agreed, some incredible photos being posted. I’m going to add more soon once I’ve gone through my photos.