The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thredbo 2015

I’m doing Thredbo again this year.

Scored myself a little apartment in the village for winter. It’s so rare to find this type of accom, when the opportunity came up a couple of months ago; that’s when I decided to do season 2015.

I’ll be doing private video and photos through HotShots (who are now located in VT (Valley Terminal) opposite Avalanche Cafe. Probably some other night work on the side.

Every other weekend I’ll be coming back home (Narellan) so there could be an opportunity for fellow snowbums to score a ride and a floor to sleep on at little expense.

Who else is riding Thredders?
What dates are you down there?

124 guns on tonight!
It will be an interesting few days ahead to see how much can be produced by Saturday.

Got a season pass for Thredbo, only trip planned at the moment is in uni week (July 12th to 17th) so we can go with a few mates, thinking about jetting down for a cheeky midweek session if there’s good coverage before then.

Friday Flat is opening on Friday and they hope to open Cruiser Area (Merritts) on Saturday.

Wizey - 01 June 2015 08:09 PM

Got a season pass for Thredbo, only trip planned at the moment is in uni week (July 12th to 17th) so we can go with a few mates, thinking about jetting down for a cheeky midweek session if there’s good coverage before then.

Good time to be there Wizey, the week/s after school holidays are often the best, the week after uni week is even better.

Sneaky midweek trips during snow events are the bomb, hope you get some.

Guns still running on Friday Flat dance

If the past is anything to go off; with these conditions (lots of snowmaking and a little of nature’s assistance) they open HighNoon on Monday after the mass of weekend revelers leave.

They tweeted that HN will open Saturday!

Checked the Mountainwatch live cam, as dark fell, and guns were running on all parts of the hill. Must be cold.

spaz - 02 June 2015 09:46 AM
Wizey - 01 June 2015 08:09 PM

Good time to be there Wizey, the week/s after school holidays are often the best, the week after uni week is even better.

Sneaky midweek trips during snow events are the bomb, hope you get some.

Ye trying to avoid the crowds a bit, barring any big storms I won’t be there in the school holidays haha. Hopefully uni week isn’t too busy, not my preferred time to go but had a few people interested in going and half of them are still at uni. Hoping we get a dump when we arrive on Sunday, that’d be ace.

Hey Spaz, have you done the Dead Horse Gap run? I’m keen to give it a crack when I get down there, just not sure exactly where I’ve gotta head.

Done it a couple of times, have it mapped on an iPhone app (well I have the incorrect way mapped so to avoid it).

It’s very important you know where you’re going because hiking through creeks and climbing ridges can end up very costly.

Just noticed some features set up at Merrits.
Going for a slide tomorrow, not sure that I’m I’ve got my legs back yet but might give them a hit.

How was the other day Spaz? I’m heading down for the 23rd/24th/25th, lets hope the far off predictions of some snow around then come true!

Also, can we get this thread stickied?

Sticky shaka

ozgirl - 17 June 2015 11:41 AM

Sticky shaka

dance

Wizey - 15 June 2015 09:55 PM

How was the other day Spaz? I’m heading down for the 23rd/24th/25th, lets hope the far off predictions of some snow around then come true!

Also, can we get this thread stickied?

until yesterday I had been having a ball lapping Highnoon doing speed runs and cruising around at Merritts.
It’s pretty soggy out their today but the man made is holding up to it.
Temps are slowly dropping and everyone is hanging to see what happens tonight.