The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Action Cam Pole storage?

Hey guys

I got a Go Pro (version 1 so it’s like 60 years old) and want to know if anyone knows of an over the shoulder sash / backpack like idea that I can put the go pole in and ride with so I can ride with it but also don’t have to hold it when I don’t want to film.

Something like Donatello from the TNMT

Its not telescopic? IMO, it be much less trouble to just buy a cheap Pole
jobby, and put a carabinerclip on it.

I bought one of my poles off here, and still use it. Its no carbon graphite composite super strongthing, but it does the job just fine…and cost fuck all.

same pole as DR1F7R.
when I am not using it I just fold over the top bracket to make like a hook and then slide it through one of my belt loops.

oh, also I used to use a cut down ski pole as a go pole, that one was not teloscopic.

what I did when I didnt want to hold that one was to strap it to my bindings so there was no risk of falling on it or anything weird.

Yeah it’s a good question.  I’m currently riding with a telescopic pole that is small enough to fit inside a large jacket pocket.  If you don’t want to invest in one of those, I reckon hide your pole somewhere central on the hill and just grab it out when you need it.

I already got the pole.

It’s like this:

I’m not too worried about falling on it, I barely fall these days and when I’m doing silly stuff I will probably get it filmed hahaha.

Maybe I’ll have to make one myself

just strap across the bindings like I said. you wont even notice its there. having a bag or something is just another annoyance.

actually I have some footage from years ago where I have it strapped, and I left the camera filming. it turned out to get some pretty cool and different angles.

mind you this is from years back when the technology/my skills weren’t great…

Definitely go for an extendable pole. The one I’ve been using which came with my Hitcase actually fits in my jacket pocket. SP Gadgets make some of the best (we are stocking them if you’re interested).

I’ve already got the pole, just want a way to store it like a staff on my back lol…

How are you guys attaching it to your bindings?

just these straps

Interesting… Where could one purchase such straps?

You should sell your pole. fixed poles are such a pain in the arse.

Telescopic is the way of the future!
Next thing you know, we’ll all have hoverboards, and flying cars, and ray guns…and youll be there with your fixed pole!

fuuuuutuuurrrrrreeee!

One of us! One of us!

DR1F7R - 04 May 2015 01:41 PM

Next thing you know, we’ll all have hoverboards, and flying cars, and ray guns…and youll be there with your fixed pole!

fuuuuutuuurrrrrreeee!

One of us! One of us!

The issue I find with a lot of extendible poles is that they break. Easily and quickly.

We are riding around in the cold and bashing them against the floor / holding them out long etc.

The locking mechanisms also fail.

I have no problem with my sturdy fixed pole thank you very much wink

Did you

say hover board??

^^^ Looks tastey. and lite…

TJswish - 04 May 2015 01:48 PM

fuuuuutuuurrrrrreeee!

One of us! One of us!

The issue I find with a lot of extendible poles is that they break. Easily and quickly.

We are riding around in the cold and bashing them against the floor / holding them out long etc.

The locking mechanisms also fail.

I have no problem with my sturdy fixed pole thank you very much wink

You’d think so, but neither of mine have broken, and they have been in the snow, taken skateing, hung out car windows, dropped, used as swords. They are still fine.
Each to their own i guess, i personally just wouldent lug around a fixed pole.