The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Grasshopper Early Outlook Snow Season 2015

I struggle to remember what I enjoyed for din dins last night! Let alone how the snow season was ...although, I don’t think I made it up any mountains last year nutjob

But from my experience in dairy farming, El Niño or not, the furthest we look is 3-4 weeks out.

Fingers flossed for a glorious season is all I say!  shred

Sometimes I think ppl just like to talk shit about the weather and expected snow forecasts cause its what your sposed to do this time of year with anticipation building. Personally I know I’m going g to go there a lot through the season and the one thing that sticks out to me is that regardless of what the snow is like,  if your open enough to it you can always find something fun to do. Let’s face it,  2ft Pow days are not really what the Aussie snow experience is all about, more like sunny groomer runs and some pretty bloody good parks. We’re lucky we have it at all and if your hunting some solitude and untracked, go hike for it.

Piper laps for dayyyzzzzzz

Worst part about piper is when the wind is running against the trail. So you can’t make the jumps and once you get round to go back to the t-bar you stop…

Other than that, “For Dayzzzzzz” lol

Wind is the least of your worries.
End of season Leighcart laps, when they would reshape the lips and throw salt down.

Except the run up was super slushy straight onto hard icey ramps.. thumbsup

I’ll solve this problem once and for all.

So, heres a chart, showing make beleive snowfall predictions of past years.

and if we look at this pie chart, you can see that there is no snow on the pyramid, therefore it must be somewhere else.

Here we see the distribution of the worlds water. You need water to make snow.

What this tells us, is that Danny Ocean has stolen a large supply of the worlds water.

Danny likes to ski, and therefor will likly be open to lending us enough water to make all the snow we want.

now for a fancy looking math equation i found online

In summary, i have no idea what i am talking about. But i can forcast with 100% certainty, there will be snow in winter.
So here is a generic picture of snow, to prove my point.

and a pie chart from Yoda, who was the smartest and wisest of the Jedi… therefore i must be right.

Also a picture of my cat, to prove is internet.

My thoughts exactly, you did indeed articulate this better than I could ever have hoped to. shaka

best snow analysis I’ve seen for a very long time. Succinct and yet elaborate.  thumbsup There will be some snow.

Do you work for Tony Abbot’s Sciencez department, Drifter?

No, I graduated high school.

But i did consider working in an Observitory. but they kicked me out when i refused to call it Astronomy, because it sounded to much like Astrology (which is a load of crap).
They didnt like the idea of changing it to Skyence, which personally i feel is a much more suitable name.

Latest update here.

The ‘hopper is not making a clear call, but offers this:

My gut feeling is that we’re going to see a frustrating June and early-July, with a bit too much warm rain, followed by a decent late July and August, which will get us up to a base of around 155cm.